New here =)

Julie B.
on 7/22/11 8:14 am - OH
Hi!

I am a newbie dropping in after changing my mind on just having the gastric sleeve done. I had my approval etc but started researching other options and personally know a DSer. With her help and lots and lots of info gathering, I have decided to go for the DS. I will be seeing Dr. John Maguire in Dayton for the DS.

I am in the process of transfering all my info from the previous surgeon. I have completed all the requirements and will now just wait for this office to resubmit with the new dr, procedure, and facility. I have a case worker already and she is just waiting on the request to approve it.

I have been on this Journey for 18 years. I am soooo ready for it! This forum has been so informative already.

a_new_mii
on 7/22/11 8:21 am - AZ
 Julie,
Welcome aboard!  I, also fought for almost 20 years to have WLS.  Here I am on the other side!  I finally had surgery on 4/6/11.  The best thing I've ever done for myself.  
You'll find this site FULL of very knowledgeable people, who can help you on your incredible journey.

again WELCOME, and keep us posted!

Join us here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi ~~❁~Ginger~~~
The beginning of a whole new world.              
HW-445
   SW-417    CW-162  GW-175            

Sher Bear Mama
on 7/22/11 8:22 am
Sounds like you're on your way! From one Newbie to another, Welcome!

Sheri
Sher--the bear mama

(deactivated member)
on 7/22/11 8:30 am - OH
Hello,

Just wanted to say hi! I'm fairly new here as well. I am going to Dayton in 2 weeks for a seminar with Dr. Teel and Dr. Maguire. I'm hoping I like them I'm also thinking about driving to Michigan to see Dr. Kemmeter too (trying to keep my options open).
Julie B.
on 7/22/11 11:17 am - OH
On July 22, 2011 at 3:30 PM Pacific Time, barb1751 wrote:
Hello,

Just wanted to say hi! I'm fairly new here as well. I am going to Dayton in 2 weeks for a seminar with Dr. Teel and Dr. Maguire. I'm hoping I like them I'm also thinking about driving to Michigan to see Dr. Kemmeter too (trying to keep my options open).
Dr. Maguire is great. Super nice. If you were looking for Dr. Teel to do the DS laproscopically, he has stopped doing them =(  He is pushing the gastric sleeve now. Dr. Maguire only does open DS. I'm opting for the open with him since he is soooo experienced.

Good luck in your research. It's so good that you are interviewing Dr.s. I think we forget that we SHOULD be the ones interviewing them, after all they are messing with our bodies and potentially our lives! =) 
(deactivated member)
on 7/22/11 1:01 pm - OH
Well CRAP!!!!!
Julie B.
on 7/22/11 1:03 pm - OH
Yeah! =( That was pretty much my thoughts. Lol....I was close to begging and grabbing on to his leg and not letting go.....but, I figured I might screw up my chances for any surgery with that group if I did that
lk1970
on 7/22/11 10:49 pm
Please let me know if you ha e any questions about dr Kemmeter! He's a great choice!

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says "oh crap! she's up!

teachmid
on 7/22/11 9:39 am - OKC, OK
Welcome.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Julie R.
on 7/22/11 9:44 am - Ludington, MI
 Hi Julie!  Great Name!
Congratulations on making such a momentous decision.    I really don't think you'll regret it (well, except for maybe a brief period about twenty four hours post-op, LOL).   It's the best thing I've ever done for myself.     Looking forward to hearing about your journey.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 137 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 679 views