This surgery ..... OMG !!!! Newbies Listen Up !!

scorpiolady1027
on 7/24/11 3:25 am - MI
I guess this is my 6 almost 7 month update   Let me tell U will not regret your decision 6 months out ... Please take your measurements and a before photo.... I wish I did both.  

I started out at in 5X shirt going in to a 6X  and posslibly having to buy clothes online. I could no longer buy shoes in a store I had to buy those online.  I was in a size 10WW or 11W too damnbig!!  I am now in a 22/24  some 18/20's  fall /winter clothes will be an 18/20 an 14/16's ... I can't believe I just posted that. I'm in tears.  I can wear some M witdh shoes 9 1/2's some 9W 10M's ... I still have at least 100 lbs to go so I may end up in a size 8 1/2 ... 

With that said, This surgery is effortless. Not saying you don't hv to work  hard at losing the weight, but just when you're about to throw the scale out thev window something amazing happens ... you drop inches !!!

Admittedly I haven't been a model DSer, food demons have crept in on many occassions. Nothing has been off limits ... And I still lost ... omg .. Am I suggesting you do what I did... NO !!! But I'm posting this to say you cannot fail, you wont fail !!!!!  

I'm not a a race to lose I know it will happen.  The extra skin scares me. A lot of which is why I'm slowing down my weight loss. But my body takes over and I still lose the weight.  I'm trying to hold on to the junk in my hood (breasts) and the junk in my  trunk. My breasts have gone south of the border. When I roll them up in my bra they look really good ... lol  I am sooo happy with the way I look in my clothes ... (SPANX, SPANX) 

And the WOW's just keep coming

-  My energy is through the roof 
-  I'm hot stuff ... always have been but even more so now ...  lol I can't stop      touching myself. Not like that. The vets know what I'm talking about.
-  I can fit in a restaurant booth now
-  I can wear my seat belt rather than wrapping it around my gear shift.
-  I can shop anywhere rather than specialty stores
-  All the old boyriends think I'm still hot. They liked me when I was fat. I've       never been under 300 in my adult life

-   I can get all the housework done in a matter of hours rather than days
-   I can run ... gotta watch out for  the clapping noise the extra skin makes          My son will stop and say "Mom,what's that noise ... LMAO !!!!!!!  Too                  Funny .... (SPANX) 
-   I stay awake now while driving and at work. 
-   I can wear high heel shoes  
-   I can walk for long periods of time
-   I can go up and down steps (run) 

That's enough for now

All total I'm down 110 and loving life  

I can honestly say I looooove my DS!!! 

HW=389 jan. 2010/SW=350/CW=279/GW=160

(deactivated member)
on 7/24/11 3:36 am
 That is just fantastic, I'm really happy for you.

But a word of advice, don't try to slow down your loss, your body will do that all on it's own, believe me.

Congratulations on doing so well!!!
PattyL
on 7/24/11 4:13 am
 Glad you are doing well.

Don't try to slow down your loss.  You still have 100 to go.....you will have to work hard to make it.
a_new_mii
on 7/24/11 4:23 am - AZ
Join us here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi ~~❁~Ginger~~~
The beginning of a whole new world.              
HW-445
   SW-417    CW-162  GW-175            

Mel_Ga
on 7/24/11 5:05 am
I am so glad to hear such a happy story! !!!
Panda ..
on 7/24/11 5:21 am
Amy_Kleve
on 7/24/11 5:27 am - Adrian, MN
This is AWESOME! Congrats!!! Thanks for sharing
Lap band 4 years ago. Revised to DS 8-2-11

teachmid
on 7/24/11 6:33 am - OKC, OK
Congratulations and keep focused on your goals.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Janine P.
on 7/24/11 7:00 am - Long Island, NY
Fantastic!

Janine   Me on Youtube 

Julie R.
on 7/24/11 7:09 am - Ludington, MI
Okay, my Motor City Sister - I wanna see PICTURES!
Congratulations!   Your excitement is contagious!   I'm going to give you the advice as well - keep that carb monster under control for as long as you can.    Get to goal, then play around to find your sweet spot.
Shine on!
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 130 views
calcium/protein