7 weeks post-op. Trying not to get frustrated.

Shavonne P.
on 7/25/11 6:43 am, edited 7/25/11 6:44 am
Good Afternoon -

Tomorrow makes me 7 weeks post-op from my RNY to DS revision. I lost 35 lbs by the time I was 4 weeks post-op.  Since then (going on 3 weeks as of tomorrow), I have only lost 1 lb

I get in all my  vites, fluids, and protein. 

I am not officially "working out" yet, but I do walk quite a bit daily due to our parking situation at work due to parking lot construction work.

I know revisions lose slower, but DAMN! 

Any encouraging words/ rhyme or reason??

Thanks,
Shavonne
Nothing feels better than being able to go into ANY store and fit their clothes!
Frankie
on 7/25/11 6:45 am - NY
This is probably your 1st stall.  Try not to stress to much, the weight will fall off.

Hopefully the veterns will chime in.  Good luck.

Frankie

Twi light
on 7/25/11 6:51 am - NY
35 pounds in 28 days, your body needs time to adjust to that. Give your body a moment to take a breather. You probably will adjust / get used to a certain weight for a little bit/ then the body drop weight again. You should not worry about it.

Dial_M.
on 7/25/11 7:03 am - Los Angeles-ish, CA
I too lost 35 pounds in the first month then 1.4 over the next 2 plus weeks. And I'm a virgin DSer. Our bodies simply need time to adjust to such a huge and quick weight loss. It thinks we are starving so it holds on for survival. It'll pass, but after the first month the pounds drop at a slower rate. Keep doing what you're doing with fluids, protein, and vites. Try to not worry about the numbers on the scale.

~Michelle

"Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for." ~Earl Warren

NoMore B.
on 7/25/11 7:12 am
Many, many people have a stall around one month out.  It's totally normal.  Diana Cox has a post on it somewhere around here that explains why, having to do with fluid rebalancing and storage of glycogen in your liver.

I'll try to find the post for you...............

But dont worry, totally normal.  My brother was sure he was done losing after 6 weeks, and was cursing the surgery, and Dr Roslin, and went on to lose 180 pounds in less than a year.
Shavonne P.
on 7/26/11 1:36 am
As always, you come to my rescue.  Thank you Joanne for the links.  I appreciate it.

We've gotta plan our lunch date soon!
Nothing feels better than being able to go into ANY store and fit their clothes!
NoMore B.
on 7/25/11 7:13 am
Jody W.
on 7/25/11 7:14 am - Windsor, CT
Shavonne...
I know that it has to be frustrating to be going through this first stall... but remember... we did not put this weight on over night... it is not going to come off overnight...
Get rid of that scale... its gonna drive u nuts... continue to do what you are supposed to do... and things will move....

Original LapBand Surgery - 07/26/06- DS Surgery - 08/16/2011
 HW/LW/SW/CW/GW
289/195/277.5/242.5/170

Shavonne P.
on 7/26/11 1:37 am
NoMore B.
on 7/25/11 7:18 am
Shavonne,
Another explanation from Dr Buse (Slim Shady here on OH)

http://docbuse.wordpress.com/2010/10/16/glucose-and-fat-meta bolism-101-for-dsers/
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 137 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 679 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 236 views