Advice information would be appreciated

Elisabeth G.
on 7/24/11 3:16 am - Windsor, Canada
 I am looking for some information and guidence if there is any aviliable to help guide me in the right direction for getting the DS covered by OHIP.
I have read through dsfact.com through the information provided here abotu the specifics of the surgery.
A little bit of background on why I feel this is the right choice for my. I have severe PCOS with insulin resistance at last check my insulin level was nearly double what normal should be. From my research I feel that the metabolic effect of the ds would greatly benefit my insulin resistance.
I do know that OHIP is reluctant to cover any procedure other then RNY.  My BMI is lower than what their current guidelines state but not by much.  At my last doctors appointment my BMI was 54.6.

PattyL
on 7/24/11 4:15 am
 There are Canadian DSers here who were covered by OHIP but I would suggest you also post on the Canadian board.

And I agree with you, the DS is your best choice.
Panda ..
on 7/24/11 5:28 am
Elisabeth G.
on 7/24/11 5:36 am - Windsor, Canada
 Thank you both for your replies.  The current criteria for DS is a BMI of 60 for OHIP coverage from what I can find out.  So definatly looking to find out if there is even a chance of me getting it

nightowl
on 7/24/11 9:21 am - Topeka, KS
I  recommend you retitle this thread with OHIP in the title, to draw people from Ontario to the thread. 

I totally agree the DS is best for you, but, from what I've read, I think you are SOL in terms of getting OHIP to cover a DS for you now.  I hope for you that there is some way I am wrong on that. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 264 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 740 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 248 views