How soon after surgery for Brok's pizza??

sandy_mt
on 7/26/11 5:19 am
I am currently bookmarking some amazing DS recipes from this site.  I am absolutely drooling over the Brok's pizza.  I am only 2-1/2 weeks post op revision from RNY to DS, and I'm trying to figure out what category this pizza would fall into.  Soft foods?  

Thanks!
Sandy 

kathy215
on 7/26/11 5:32 am

Sandy..

NO, Broks pizza falls under "unrestricted food" , for me that was 8 weeks post op...  It is delicious but gives me horrible painful gas..

Chad M.
on 7/26/11 5:37 am - Indianapolis, IN
No, it's not a soft food at all. In fact if you make it according to instructions, the crust is quite crispy (I undercook a bit for a softer crust). Then there are the toppings, which will generally not be soft.

Give this one a bit longer!
sandy_mt
on 7/26/11 5:46 am
 OK-thx.  With you describing it as "crispy," it makes me want it even more.  

*SIGH*

elixir
on 7/26/11 8:02 am - MI
I just had my six week post op appt and was told I can pretty much eat anything at this point. (Though I'll be honest and say I had Brok's Pizza at about four or five weeks out. It didn't cause any problems like gas or bloating for me. It was delicious. My whole family loved it. I had it with Italian-style turkey sausage and mushroom that time. I made it a couple of days ago and had it with pepperoni and mushroom. Yum!)

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

ClairM13
on 7/26/11 10:20 am

ok now I have to find this recipe!!

meredith_123
on 7/26/11 11:28 am - Waterford, MI
  5'5" -- HW 275/SW 246/GW 130/CW 157      
(deactivated member)
on 7/26/11 1:12 pm - Beverly, NJ
So um yeah hi fellow two weeker.... You wouldn't happen to have a few interesting links to soft food ideas would you? lol  I have a bunch bookmarked too.  We should put them all together to see what we come up with.  I know I'm bored in the food department right now.  If I see anything else creamy I'm going to scream!
sandy_mt
on 7/26/11 2:12 pm
 Girl-I have nothing for now!!!!  I'm having trouble with milk so yogurt is a problem for me too.  I'm using almond milk for the shakes.  I see my surgeon tomorrow morning for my 2-week followup.  I'm hoping that magically he will give me the thumbs up for tuna and mayo and canned chicken and mayo, but I don't think so.  I need MEAT!!!!

Sandy

Renfairewench
on 7/26/11 2:10 pm
Don't drool over Brok's pizza, you'll ruin it.

I think you need to wait for a bit before you try it though. When you get the go ahead to eat "anything".  At this point you should be on soft foods, right?  This pizza would not be considered soft food, but more likely unrestricted.

Hang in there, you'll get to have it though.

Maddie

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 45 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 45 views
calcium/protein