Uber Low Carb High Protein Lasagna

Katy S.
on 7/26/11 11:18 am - WA
Low Carb Lasagna

6 large eggs (3.6 grams)
6 tablespoons of water OR heavy cream
Olive oil (0 grams)
1 lb ground beef, browned in olive oil and cooled completely (0 grams)
Salt and Pepper
1 tub ricotta cheese (12 grams)
1 large egg (0.6 grams)
1 package frozen spinach,(1/2-3/4 fresh) thawed and squeezed dry (3 grams)
1 ½ cup marinara** sauce (20 grams)
3-4 handfuls of shredded mozzarella cheese (1.6 grams)
¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese (1.5 grams)
1-2 pats of butter

Beat six 6 eggs with 6 tablespoons water. Heat a 10" non-stick fry pan. With a small ladle pour 1/6 of your egg mixture into your fry pan. Twirl it around to coat the whole bottom. When it starts to se****ch for the egg to start pulling away from the pan. When that happens CAREFULLY pick up your egg with your fingers (it’s hot!) and flip it to the other side. This takes about 1-2 minutes on each side. It will go fast. You should end up with 6 large crepe “noodles". Set aside in fridge.
Tip: You are basically making an egg crepe. You can make lots and freeze for future.

Brown ground beef with a splash of olive oil and salt and pepper. Drain excess fat and let cool completely. (I dry with paper towels to keep a dry lasagna) Set aside.

In a bowl, mix the ricotta cheese and egg. Set aside.

Squeeze excess water from your thawed spinach. Set aside.

In bottom of a 9x13 baking dish, spread a little marinara sauce. Place 2 of your egg crepe noodles on top of the sauce, covering your baking dish. Don’t worry if it doesn’t fit completely perfect or you have to overlap it. Spread you ricotta cheese mixture on top of the crepe. Spread your spinach of top of the ricotta. Put 2 more of you egg crepe noodles on top of spinach. Spread your cooled ground beef over top. Pour a little marinara sauce over beef to moisten just a little. Put a handful of mozzarella cheese and some parmesan over the beef as well. Lay your final 2 egg crepe noodles over top and sprinkle with the leftover mozzarella and parmesan.

Cut up 1-2 pats of butter and sprinkle over top of the cheeses. Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees until top is bubbling. Uncover and bake for 5-10 minutes until top is brown. Let cool for 5 minutes then serve.

Carb count for whole lasagne is 43 grams. Cut into 8 huge slices and the carb count is 5.4 grams per serving. Serve with salad

**Tip: Make your own marinara sauce to ensure there is no added sugar. Saute ¼ onion in a little olive oil. In a handy chopper, blend one can of whole plum tomatoes (no sugar added) (Unico brand in only 5 carbs per ½ cup). Add tomatoes to pot. Add some salt and pepper and a handful of fresh chopped parsley. Let simmer for 5-10 minutes and your done.
"Hi, my name is Katy...and I am a meat eating spin junkie"
HW: 336/DOS: 306/CW: 153/GW: 140?
~ CSz: 5 - S/M

* G1: 199# 09/28/11 * G2: 175# 11/30/11 * G3: 160# 12/09/11(
"People too weak to follow their dreams, will always try to find a way to discourage yours"

sandy_mt
on 7/26/11 11:23 am
 This sounds fabulous!!!!!  Can't wait to be able to try it!!!

Sandy

Katy S.
on 7/26/11 11:25 am - WA

Haha I just saw your Brok's pizza post...girl you need to find some soft foods to drool over or you will kill yourself on here :)

"Hi, my name is Katy...and I am a meat eating spin junkie"
HW: 336/DOS: 306/CW: 153/GW: 140?
~ CSz: 5 - S/M

* G1: 199# 09/28/11 * G2: 175# 11/30/11 * G3: 160# 12/09/11(
"People too weak to follow their dreams, will always try to find a way to discourage yours"

yorkieGal
on 7/26/11 10:57 pm - Clermont, FL
Mmm sounds interesting!! Thanks for sharing

Yorkie x

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

honeybadger 11
on 7/27/11 1:53 am - FL
YUM! this is a fantasic idea! can wait to use it:)

~Jennifer
Revision to DS 11/9/11                                  LapBand 12/2006
SW  321/ CW 248/ GW 185                           SW 330/ HW 348/ LW 300
Join me here: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com

(deactivated member)
on 7/27/11 2:28 am
a keeper, thanks for the recipe.
Anna G.
on 7/27/11 3:11 am
NOM NOM NOM!!
This is a little complicated for my lazy butt to contemplate. LOL But maybe some day when I'm feeling particularly adventurous!! Thanks for the recipe!

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 362 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 135 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1051 views