Stickies??

Katy S.
on 7/28/11 4:52 am - WA
Is there any way to have more stickies at the top of the forum? I find myself searching for the same stuff over and over again and of course seeing the same posts multiple times...And just have an indicator on them showing whether we've read the new posts in that topic...Maybe even instead of stickies they could be perma-links on a side of the forum like on the left or right so we could immedately click: Of course we would still SEE these posts, but if there was an intro to the forum with a permalink bar it'd be easier to find the info...For example

Vitamins/Labs:
 How much, what kinds, best places to buy, best plans for us, lab goals and results

Why we chose DS: Stories of why we chose it, how we chose it and the path that's gotten us where we are

Insurance info: types of insurance, what was covered, how much you paid, how you applied for an appeal/won an appeal

Bites/Vites/Exercites:
so we could just go and fill it out daily instead of floating posts?

Recipes/Foods/Snacks: Recipes and new foods that we've tried and liked and are DS friendly, including carb alternatives

Stall info/busters: Have you stalled, how long did you stall, how did you break a stall, how many stalls you've had

FLAUNT IT!/WOWS: Awesome moments and photos from progress and goals

DS Complications: Complications we've had post op the rare and not so rare, including "restroom" issues (lol), hair loss etc

I'm sure there are more but these are just some I've thought would be awesome to have a direct link toolbar within our own forum to them

"Hi, my name is Katy...and I am a meat eating spin junkie"
HW: 336/DOS: 306/CW: 153/GW: 140?
~ CSz: 5 - S/M

* G1: 199# 09/28/11 * G2: 175# 11/30/11 * G3: 160# 12/09/11(
"People too weak to follow their dreams, will always try to find a way to discourage yours"

honeybadger 11
on 7/28/11 5:02 am - FL
I think this would be awesome! I bookmark anything i come across that i think i might use now or in the future but my bookmark pulldown menu is getting loonngg!!!

~Jennifer
Revision to DS 11/9/11                                  LapBand 12/2006
SW  321/ CW 248/ GW 185                           SW 330/ HW 348/ LW 300
Join me here: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com

beemerbeeper
on 7/28/11 5:41 am - AL
PLEASE be our guest and get OH to let you do it.

~Becky

Twi light
on 7/28/11 5:04 am - NY
I dont remember the reason but the mods said they can not make more stickies.

StephOinAZ
on 7/28/11 5:06 am
This is a very good idea!  I would really like to see this implemented.  It would be super helpful to everyone, especially people who are new to the boards.  Great idea!
beemerbeeper
on 7/28/11 5:42 am - AL
PLEASE be our guest and get OH to let you do it.

~Becky

Katy S.
on 7/28/11 5:26 am - WA
Are any of our DS members admins?
"Hi, my name is Katy...and I am a meat eating spin junkie"
HW: 336/DOS: 306/CW: 153/GW: 140?
~ CSz: 5 - S/M

* G1: 199# 09/28/11 * G2: 175# 11/30/11 * G3: 160# 12/09/11(
"People too weak to follow their dreams, will always try to find a way to discourage yours"

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/11 5:33 am
 Believe me, people have tried before. OH is just  not inclined to do that. 
So, just  bookmark what you want to keep.
had_enuf
on 7/28/11 5:31 am, edited 7/28/11 6:01 am - East Bay, CA
 armywife.mommy.nurse,

#1.  Lots of info can be found at dsfacts.com, nicely written and organized by DS vets.

#2.  There have been attempts made before to allow "stickies" on the DS forum, but the OH Gods have denied them. I don't recall the justification.

#3.  The info I'm posting below was gotten by entering "stickies" in the text Search box at the top right of this page.

Someone could construct a spreadsheet with these links and an explanatory colums, and store it shared in Google Docs. The owner could accept additional suggestions and amend the spreadsheet. He/she or someone else could post daily (kinda like beemerbeeper does) and if the responsibilty needed to be transferred at some point, a new person could be recruited. Any volunteers?

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/DS/3990461/SITES-TO-BOOKMARK-THRE ADS-FOR-NEWBIES/

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/DS/4212745/What-about-an-FAQ-Here -or-elsewhere-for-reference/

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/4275665/Advice-for-Pre-Ops-w-Links/

Judy                   HW359/Consult288/SW275          

beemerbeeper
on 7/28/11 5:43 am - AL
Thank you Judy.  I was too busy screaming and pounding my head into the wall to write a coherent response. 

~Becky

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 291 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 763 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 254 views