Does your insurance pay for vitamins?

butercup
on 7/27/11 1:32 pm - Kennewick, WA
I have Aetna through Bank of America and they covered some of my vitamin cost tonight.  I needed B-12 injections, D 50,000, and a 3 a day prescription strength multi-vit.  I also need to schedule some iron infusions.

Is this standard?  I'm also wondering if I could get it cheaper somewhere else.  After insurance it was 30 dollars for a month.  It sounds about what vitalady charges.

I'm pre-op by the way.  I wish they had a pre-op option to put by your avatar.  We are submitting for approval on August 12th though!  Yay!

Kayla B.
on 7/27/11 2:15 pm - Austin, TX
I've gotten 4 b12 injections (1000mcg ea) for $5 and change

What kind of vitamin D and how often?

Multivite, you can get that super cheap.

If the D is D2...not a good deal.  If it's D3, hm, probably still not, but it depends how much the b12 is on your insurance.  If you only need 1 vit D per day, you can get over 3 months worth for 20 bucks.  And you can get a top-rated multi...8 months worth for $20.
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
butercup
on 7/27/11 2:26 pm - Kennewick, WA
Good to know, thanks Kayla. :)

Oh and it's the kind of D that you can't take after surgery.  I'll use it up before September.
(deactivated member)
on 7/27/11 2:18 pm
 Hi Heidi
Any of the vits, minerals and such that you can get a Rx for I think would be covered. For example the vitamin D Rx is not what we can take, it has to be in dry form and it has to be D3. Now that does not come in a Rx. It has to be gotten from Vidalady, where you get the OTC D3.
Now with Iron you can get a Rx for proferrin forte , it is a exellent iron to take, I take it and I think it's the best.. 
I hope you can find yourself a great deal for you stuff that you need.
butercup
on 7/27/11 2:27 pm - Kennewick, WA
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 121 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 663 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 234 views