This and That

Bigal02
on 7/29/11 1:54 am
Ok, been twenty months since since my DS surgery, and I have lost 237lbs.... I feel great (sort of). I recently have been diagnosed with crohns diese, and am medication, so thats going ok... but here is a different question. Is tere a alcohol drink that is "ok" for Ds`ers to have. I am not looking to drink heavy or anything like that, but would like to have the option to have a drink if I am out? any suggestions. TY.
Elizabeth N.
on 7/29/11 2:01 am - Burlington County, NJ
The short answer from a DS perspective is yes, it's fine to have a drink. Just remember that with a shortened gut it's very likely to hit you differently than before, and not always the same way each time. I have zero tolerance for straight hard liquor, just kills my stomach. Ditto for anything made with sour mix. Generally I drink beer, flavored malt beverages like hard lemonade or wine.

However, I have my doubts that it's an okay thing for someone with Crohns.

a_new_mii
on 7/29/11 2:20 am - AZ
 First.......

S!!! Way to go!! 
Second...
 I agree with Elizabeth. 
From the perspective of DS, "all in moderation" I am almost four months out and have recently tried my first "adult" beverage.  I have never been a drinker, so I'm pretty light weight in that department, but NOW!.........One frozen Mojito and I'm through!!! I did sober rather quickly but, not sure it's worth it.  
Now from a Crohn's  perspective,,, I found this.........
There is evidence that drinking alcohol can have an irritating effect on the lining of the gastrointestinal tract. Since people with Crohn's disease already have problems with their gastrointestinal tracts, alcohol consumption may exacerbate some of the symptoms of the disease, whi*****lude nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and gastrointestinal bleeding. Alcohol use can cause malabsorption, another concern for people with Crohn's disease.

So, of course, it's up to you to make the informed decision.  

Join us here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi ~~❁~Ginger~~~
The beginning of a whole new world.              
HW-445
   SW-417    CW-162  GW-175            

(deactivated member)
on 7/29/11 4:27 am
 Hi, congrats on your weight loss. I am sorry that you have crohns, I know what it can do to you. Actually because you have crohns you may want to baby your intestine as much as you can, so I would not ever drink anything with alcohol. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 356 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 133 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1049 views