another lab test question -Kaiser's policy?

* Gail R *
on 7/28/11 9:19 am - SF Bay Area, CA
I am coming up for my two year lab orders. I am a Kaiser pateint who was referred out of system to Dr. Rabin. In the past that lab honored Dr. R's lab orders but I heard that has changed. Is it true that I must have my PCP order all of the tests on the PacLap list?

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

had_enuf
on 7/28/11 10:09 am - East Bay, CA
 I have never had lab work done at Kaiser by presenting them with a Rabkin lab slip. I had given my PCP (in person) the Rabkin slip for my 1st year labs and then asked the PCP to accept the responsibility of ordering and evaluating those same test on an annual basis. He conferred with Richmond Bariatrics and then agreed. It did take me 3 attempts at the lab before ALL were done, I had to keep on top of it with my PCP.
Since the 2 year follow-up with Rabkin is not included in the disbursement from Kaiser, it is my understanding that to see Maria for lab evaluation it would be an out-of-pocket expense, which I have decided to fore-go. I did just speak with her today, and she said that if I want to have my results sent to Paclap, they will file them with my records, but will not perform an evaluation.
       Judy                   HW359/Consult288/SW275          

* Gail R *
on 7/28/11 10:17 am - SF Bay Area, CA
Thanks Judy! I somehow didn't realize that we had an 18 month evaluation and skipped it, so I get the 24 month paid for. I plan to attend the support meeting after my appointment in September. Maybe I will see you?

had_enuf
on 7/28/11 10:30 am, edited 7/28/11 10:30 am - East Bay, CA
 I missed my 18 month also and Maria said I could have the two-year but I declined. Blame gas prices, higher bridge toll, and low expectations of gratification... plus my labs are good.
Speaking of being a cheapie, any chance you would want to carpool from say Emeryville Marketplace for the support meeting in September? Your car but I'd pay the toll. Let me know through PM.

* Gail R *
on 7/28/11 12:00 pm - SF Bay Area, CA
That would normally be fine, but I have a full day in SF and have to get there in the morning. Sorry I can't help there.

Crazeru
on 7/28/11 12:24 pm
I email my PCP with the labs that I want done and hope that she gets all of them in.  She missed a few for my 3yr, but had the important ones.  I do want to recheck a few, so will have her reorder some of them.  I put all the results into a spreadsheet and make two copies one for Maria and one for me.

Judy, I'm planning on heading down in Sept, don't think I'll make the Aug meeting though.  I try and leave Sac around 3, so am crusing through Emeryville around 430 give or take 15min.  You are welcome to ride in with me.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

had_enuf
on 7/28/11 12:44 pm - East Bay, CA
 Chris,
That would be great! Can you meet me at the entrance to Trader Joe's or any landmark of your suggestion? Send me a PM and we can also exchange cellphone numbers.

Tammy D.
on 7/30/11 8:48 am
Hi Gail,
I'm at Santa Theresa Kaiser - and they have refused Rabkin's lab orders from the first time I brought one in.
So, I copy the content of the pdf (downloaded from PacLap site) into an email to my PCP. 
FYI - The Kaiser email system won't allow a pdf to be attached - if you could convert to a picture format (like jpg) you could attach it to an email.

My PCP ordered all the tests but is insisting the list needs to be paired down for the 24 month go-round.  I noted from the results that some are not handled in-house (at least at my location) but rather sent out to a Quest Lab, so that may be part of the problem for me.

Sounds like the September meeting is the place to be!!
Century Club: Thanksgiving Day 25November2010  I am truly grateful
Diabetes, hypercholesterolemia, and GERD resolved along the way. 
Onederland:  Citizen & permanent resident 17Dec2010  
'Normal' BMI range reached 26July2011
18 Month Surgiversary 148# BMI 23  26Nov2011

··snorkel··><((((º>··snorkel··><((((º>··snorkel··><((((º>··snorkel··
   ·><((((º>··snorkel··><((((º>··snorkel··><((((º>··snorkel··><((((º>·
   ··snorkel··><((((º>··snorkel··><((((º>··snorkel··><((((º>··snorkel··

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 364 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 137 views