It is so hard to stay Hydrated!!!!

Mannyb23
on 8/1/11 4:39 am - Fort Worth, TX
Especially if you live in Texas! It is so hot here it is always in the triple digits, 100+. I feel like I drink and sweat out 2x that or more.
(deactivated member)
on 8/1/11 5:12 am
DS on 02/01/12
I can relate. It is already hard enough staying hydrated pre-op, I can't imagine having DS surgery recently and staying hydrated in this 110 degree Texas weather. Bring on winter!
teachmid
on 8/1/11 5:16 am - OKC, OK
I'm in Oklahoma and I totally agree!
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

(deactivated member)
on 8/1/11 5:54 am
DS on 02/01/12
I was in OKC this weekend and was surprised that the temps were just about the same as Texas. Nights were relieving, though. 70 something vs our usual 90s was a nice change.
teachmid
on 8/1/11 6:59 am - OKC, OK
Yes, the temps and drought here are horrible. We're at 38 or 39 days of 100+ with no end in sight.
     -Gail-

newyorkbitch
on 8/1/11 5:18 am
Just keep sipping,  all day long.
Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 8/1/11 6:14 am
Yeah it's really hard at first, I always felt prepetually thirsty because I couldn't swallow more than a teaspoon at a time during the first few weeks. Although I did become an apple juice connoisseur   during that time, "simply apple" is the best, well- second to unpasturized apple cider fresh from an orchard. Motts wasn't bad, that came in third. Ocean spray, apple and eve and tropicana's apple juice were all terrible and tasted like feet.
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

rubytica
on 8/1/11 6:41 am - GA
I am having problems with keeping hydrated because I started the soft food diet and when you eat you are suppose to stop drinking 30 minutes before you eat, take at least 20 minutes to eat and stop drinking 30 minutes after you eat.  That is 1:20 per meal X 5 meals = 6 hours of the day that YOU cannot drink anything.  If you are awake for 16 hours, you only have 10 hours to drink 64 + oz of liquids so it is hard.  I am trying to keep up with the sipping but it is hard, I guess eventually we will get used to it.
teachmid
on 8/1/11 6:57 am - OKC, OK
Ruby, the separating fluids and foods is a RNY guideline, not DS.
     -Gail-

sweetpotato1959
on 8/1/11 11:47 am
 If you continue to have problems getting in your  appropriate amounts of proteins and liquids, try adding a protein suppliment to  liquids and make a slushie from it...it counts as a liquid and a protein that way...gives you the protein of your meal...in a liquid. Especially with it being so hot...  Be sure to maintain your space between the food and the liquids, because if you don't you will stretch your pouch, and un-do one of the benefits of your surgery.
Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 78 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 78 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 641 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 233 views