Hating food this week....

AllieInOntario
on 8/9/11 11:25 am
7 weeks out, doing great... except the last few days, I just do NOT like food.  Last week, I was ready to wrestle the cats for their kibble, and this week, I'd rather just not let anything, water, nor food pass my lips.

Common?

Pick your surgery first, then your surgeon. Not the other way around.  
PS:... Potato chips should be a food group.

I'm tired of screwing with that damn health widget.
 I've lost 125 pounds to date!!!!
   And I'm UNDER 190 now!!! 

Emily F.
on 8/9/11 11:29 am
I'm 16 months out and didn't feel like eating today. Ride it out. I had 5 shakes though.
(deactivated member)
on 8/9/11 12:02 pm
Very common!!!  Just sip, sip, sip. Don't get behind on the fluids. It's much more important than shakes or food. If water is blechy, add a little squeeze of lemon or orange - diluted crystal light worked great for me as well.

Hang in there!  Soon you'll want the eat the lead paint off the window sills cuz you're so hungry. You'll tastes will change faster than you change undies.

Hugs,
Ratkity
Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 8/9/11 12:02 pm
Yep, common.

Or at least it was common for me early out. Especially immediately post op. At first my hubs was worried about buying meals (we were staying in a hotel room post op since we travelled for the surgery) and eating them in front of  me, concerned I might feel hungry and be jealous of what he's eating. But I didn't care, I didn't even feel hungry back then. So he'd chow down on some yummy chik-fil-a and I wouldn't even flinch... And I really love chik-fil-a.. Damnit, we need Chik-fli-a in the tri state!

I still get an occasional day or two where I don't feel like eating anything, but I still try to make sure I get my shakes in.
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

kellylink
on 8/9/11 3:21 pm
I'm almost three years out and have the same issue.  Sometimes I can eat a ton, and other times I feel like I must have the smallest tummy in the world.  Sometimes, food just doesn't sound good.

I always have a variety of protien shakes on hand for these times.

dgb123
on 8/10/11 8:46 am - Fairfax, VA
I think I'm rather unusual in that I am 4 1/2 months out and have never gotten my appetite back.  I manage to get in my fluids and protein (mostly through shakes) but usually get in fewer than 900 calories a day.  I'm seeing my surgeon and dietician next week to discuss.

Donna

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 233 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 726 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 243 views