My Angel is now a DS'er

Blackthorne
on 8/11/11 3:57 am - Alpharetta, GA
 Six years ago, I became a DS'er in Curitiba, Brazil.   My best friend, Cheryl, came with me to Brazil to be my angel, and she has been thinking about and wanting the DS ever since.

Yesterday - she joined the ranks on the Loser's Bench.    Her profile is here:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/august10/

She wasn't able to get into her old account so she created a new one.   Her surgeon was Dr. Keshishian, and she's doing very well.    I suspect he will release her in the next couple of days.    Please welcome her & take care of her.   I'm here in LA with her now, but we live in different time zones, so once she goes home, it becomes a whole new ride.

Here's an update I posted on FB: 

Just talked to Cheryl, and her voice was clear - she sounded normal. But 5 minutes of conversation was tiring. They are going to do a smurf leak test on her - basically give her blue kool-aid and see if it comes out anywhere it shouldn't. But since she's more Fiona and less Smurfette, I expect she'll do just fine. ;)
     Six years postop.       All co-morbidities are resolved.  Lost 101lbs in 1st year.   High wt: 277 Surgery wt:  260.7  Currently:  143lbs.    I'm Blackthorne99 on MyFitnessPal.

Click here to read my blog: Unicorns & Stranger Things
Julie R.
on 8/11/11 7:08 am - Ludington, MI
 She's certainly in great hands with Dr. K.    I wish her well.
Hope all is well with you too, BT - good to see you!
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 259 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 738 views