Sleeve Revision....WHOOP WHOOP!!!!

Melontiwst
on 8/24/11 12:59 pm

OH MY WORD!! It has taken forever for this process!! I finished my 6 months dietician meetings in February...and it took the doctor's office four months to send in request for the surgery..then it was sent to Blue Cross four times and I kept being told it wasn't received...August 8th, got my letter stating my surgery had been approved, don't have to file an appeal...I am sooooooooooooooooo happy!! I go in for my preop testing beginning early September and then I will get my surgery date. I am hoping that I'll getin sometime early 2012. It's in the works so I am calming down now and just waiting. I don't have time to twiddle my thumbs, lol, and worry about the date...I have two teens to raise, working fulltime and in school fulltime, so yeah...not much time to frett LOL:0)  Just still living in the happiness of the approval, it's gonna happen....WHOOOOOOOP WHOOOOOOP!!!!!  I am only having my sleeve size revised, nothing with my common channel, it's already 70, she said that is a short as she goes. Actually she said she doesn't go below 75 anymore. So shrinking sleeve it is:) I'm nervous but also very happy!! Anyone else out there in the sleeve revision process??!!!

J G.
on 8/24/11 1:51 pm
Good for your, girl!  Your patience has paid off. 
Melontiwst
on 8/24/11 2:08 pm
Thanks ya!!!! It's geen a long time coming, but I'm still stikcn it out:) 
BBoop
on 8/24/11 4:19 pm
I also had my sleeve revised (Mycc is 75, always has been)...so far it's been slow going. Now I'm older...66, so that may be the problem.  I wish you the best of luck and keep us posted on your weight loss...I've lost some but no where near where I want to be.  The nurse said I've hit the slowing down time in this process...no kidding...I'm hoping it will pick up soon this has been the longest stall I've ever had.

Betty
Melontiwst
on 8/25/11 11:04 am
Thanks for the well  wishes:0) I hope yours picks up...crazy stalls drive me nuts!!
nightowl
on 8/24/11 4:41 pm - Topeka, KS
I salute you for persisting!
This reminded me of something.  I remember reading some time back that Brok had Dr. Inman for his DS, and then also to treat his bowel obstruction, and that she measured his common channel longer at the time of obstruction than when she originally made it.  Yes, the intestines are very stretchy, but I would think the same surgeon usually uses around the same level of tightness or slackness at different times.  If you are interested in having more malabsorption (and I am not saying you should, but based on how happy you are with your labs, any bathroom problems or intolerances, etc., and the risks of side effects from more malabsorption vs benefits), you could ask her if, during the revision surgery, she would measure your common channel to see if it has grown, and that if it measures longer than it used to, if she would be willing to shorten it to 75 or 70 cm. 
Good luck --> well, I say that, but I have also heard the phrase "I don't believe in luck, I believe in blessings," so I wish you those, too!
nightowl
on 8/24/11 4:48 pm - Topeka, KS
Now that I think of it more, the common channel would probably have to be quite a lot longer at the revision than at time of original DS to make it worth the risks of anastomosing (?sp) that fragile area again.  So, not if it's only, say, 80 cm.  Something to think about, IMHO.
Melontiwst
on 8/25/11 11:05 am
I never thought about it growing! Thank you for that advice, I totally will ask her to measure it for me:0) 
Emily F.
on 8/25/11 3:46 am
congrats on your scheduled surgery. May I ask your sleeve size now?
Melontiwst
on 8/25/11 11:08 am

Of course you may ask, lol, but I don't know!!  I know when I had it done in 2008 that they made my sleeve 5 and a half ounces..I know it' stretched alot since then. Oh my word, I can get an entire meal at Texas Roadhouse in along with a couple rolls...I have to pace myself...its nuts.  I' am having pre testing done so I should know more soon!

Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 78 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 78 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 641 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 233 views