250 common channel

michelehei
on 8/29/11 9:18 am
Does anyone have one and if so what can you tell me about it compared to the traditional 100 cc
beemerbeeper
on 8/29/11 9:24 am - AL
I wouldn't have wanted to go through surgery to have a 250 cc.  No way.  I wish my 100 was 75.

~Becky

michelehei
on 8/29/11 9:31 am
Tell me why.  Oh my gosh....now I feel horrible.
Am I not going to lose weight and keep my weight off like all you DS'ers?
This is HORRIBLE news for me.
I just want to sit here and cry.
Elizabeth N.
on 8/29/11 9:34 am - Burlington County, NJ
You got a 250 cm common channel? Are you sure? Or is that your total alimentary limb length?

If your common channel is that long, I'm troubled. Find out if that's really the case and then get an explanation WHY this is so.

Regardless, yes you CAN lose lots of weight this way. Look up JillyBean. She got a true piece of crap not-really-DS with basically only a portion of her intestine bypassed for food, but she has done pretty darned well, all things considered.

michelehei
on 8/29/11 9:41 am
Yes...he told me my common channel had to be 250 cm because with the mesh band I had from my previous surgery and the damage that it caused to my stomach and liver and everything else in there that he worked on for 5 hours he could only do the 250cm common channel.  Dr. Gagner said my liver was enlarged, he biopsied it...he said my stomach was a very odd shape and estremely enlarged and because of my anatomy that was only thing he could do.  There were lots of scar tissue, adhesions that he had to work through.  I feel pretty darn sad now.  I did this revision surgery to the DS because I wanted great long term maintenance.
Now I'm not sure I"m going to get it.
(deactivated member)
on 8/29/11 9:50 am
Did he mention anything about your alimentary limb?

I know Dr. Gagner likes to do 100 cm Common Channel and a 150 cm Alimentary limb, which would total 250 cm.
michelehei
on 8/29/11 10:04 am
I seem to remember they were both 250.
Could that be right?
I know for a fact that the common channel is definitely 250cm.
He will send me the surgery report when I get back home and I will know exactly how much the alimentary channel is.  But for some reason I remember thinking that he told me both were 250.
But who knows what one can remember on Dilaudid around the clock.

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SAD.
I hope I get good results from this.
HELP!!!!!
Actually nothing to help me with.
It's over.
(deactivated member)
on 8/29/11 10:24 am
Elizabeth N.
on 8/29/11 11:17 am - Burlington County, NJ
Ah, I see. Well, it is possible that both your alimentary limb and your common channel are 250 cm (each). Or maybe that's the total of both together?

I'm pretty sure you'll get a huge improvement over what you had, regardless. What you had sounds like a hot mess. Don't give up hope.

beemerbeeper
on 8/29/11 10:03 am - AL
Horrible news would be a leak and tpn for months.  Horrible news would be news from your family that you died on the table.

This is not good news, but is something you can work with.

I think you are going to be an amazing success. 

I'm so sorry I upset you.  Just eat like a DSer is supposed to eat and I think you will do fine.  None of us really know how many carbs we are going to be able to eat and maintain.  I just can't eat many.  But I'm not going to let that keep me from maintaining.  I'm going to eat how I need to eat to maintain and you will do the same.

~Becky

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 252 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 735 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 244 views