GI Bleed

ambermay
on 9/3/11 11:14 pm
I had a GI bleed.  I was at school and all of a sudden I got hot and felt like I had ran a mile.  Tired and the sweat began to litterally pour off of me.  I called danny and told him something was wrong but I didn't know what to do b/c I didn't think I could drive myself to the hospital.  While I was on the phone with him I began to feel nautious.  So I let him go and ran to a bathroom to vomit.  When I vomited it was bright red blood a blood clots.  I obviously freaked out and ran out of the bathroom yelling that I needed an ambulance.  They were all so very nice stayed with me until the ambulance came came.  I hyperventalated in the ambulance and they were so great trying to get me calmed down.  Got to the hospital and began to **** sorry TMI large large amounts of blood clots and blood. several times.   so I was transfered back up to AMC where I had the surgery done.  They had blood transfusions waiting for my levels to drop but they had to go below a 9 and mine got down to a 9.4 then thankfully it started to go back up.  They stuck a tube down my throat with a camera and looked for the bleed and they found the spot.  It had already stopped bleeding.  and the bloody stools was getting darker so they knew it was old.  I got released last night.  I am good.  Just gotta start back at the beginning with liquids chewable vitamins and taking it slower.  But all is well.  I was very scared.  but it all worked out.  I am so thankful to be alive and that I had so much help from people I didn't even know and my husband and family were great.

5'6" -- HW 270ish/SW 153.6/GW 150/CW 138
Amber

Julie B.
on 9/3/11 11:25 pm - OH
Scary!! I'm so glad you are doing better!! Take it easy and feel better!

SW - 373 / CW - 179 / GW - 160

newyorkbitch
on 9/3/11 11:32 pm
Did your DS surgeon see you in the hospital?  Any discussion as to why the bleed ocurred so soon after your DS surgery?  Where was the bleed?
ambermay
on 9/4/11 12:44 am
My DS surgeon in on vacation so I seen another bariatric surgeon in the practice.  He said that where the connection was made between the stomach and intestine is red and swollen and that there must have been a clot there that had let loose and I had a bleed but when they did the scope it had already stoped.    I go back to see Dr.  Hill in a week.  The bleeding has stopped now.

5'6" -- HW 270ish/SW 153.6/GW 150/CW 138
Amber

calendargirl
on 9/4/11 12:15 am - Land of Oz, KS
DS on 04/20/12

Whew!  Scary stuff.  So glad you're ok.  Any ideas on the cause?

C-Girl

Starting Stats: Ht: 5' 0" HW: 242 ~ SW: 229.9 ~ CW: 117 ~ Goal: 124.9 ("normal" BMI)
% EWL @ 03 months: 36%             % EWL
 @ 09 months: 80%
% EWL @ 06 months: 63%             % EWL @ 12 months + 2 weeks: 100%

rubytica
on 9/4/11 1:33 am - GA
 Wow, very scary.  Glad you are OK, take care of yourself.

Ruby
teachmid
on 9/4/11 1:45 am - OKC, OK
How frightening! Glad you're OK and you got good medical care. Take it easy. It's going to take some time to recover physically and emotionally.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Sher Bear Mama
on 9/4/11 2:45 am
Wow, Amber! That sounds so scary. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I'm glad you're ok and that it doesn't appear serious.

Keep us posted, ok?

Sher-
Sher--the bear mama

DianaRR
on 9/4/11 4:10 am - CA
I'm glad the bleed stopped. That must have been really frightening.
I hope you recover quickly.
Jennifer D.
on 9/4/11 4:16 am
Sorry you had to go through that. I am glad you got help quickly and that you're on the mend. Take care of yourself and keep us updated please.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 295 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 767 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 254 views