Crave - Bacon the Magical Meat Stick

meredith_123
on 9/19/11 12:12 pm, edited 9/19/11 12:14 am - Waterford, MI
Did anyone else see this show on Food network tonight? If you missed i****ch for the rerun. Here's a link to when they are showing it again. www.foodnetwork.com/crave/episode-cj0100h-title/index.html

They made this awsome looking bacon taco, I can't wait to try it. It's a recipie from a food truck in Beverly Hills.
Took 10 strips of bacon and weaved them into a square. Then they cut the square into 3 strips and cooked that to make the taco shell. Once the bacon was done, they topped it with a slice of cheddar cheese and they filled it with potatoes cooked with bacon.

5'5" -- HW 275/SW 246/GW 130/CW 157      
no_more_rolls
on 9/19/11 8:03 pm, edited 9/19/11 8:03 pm - Jackson, MI
Ohhhh, that sounds like a great idea!  I wish I could try it, but bacon is still not my friend (yet).  I sooo have to bookmark this page.  When I am able to tolerate it I will make the shell, skip the potatoes, and add taco seasoned meat and cheese instead!  YUM!!!

Oh and edited to add the hot sauce of course 
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

meredith_123
on 9/19/11 9:18 pm - Waterford, MI
yep, I had the same plans to use taco meat instead of the potatoes.  Maybe some sour cream too.  The show used a horseradish mayo to dip it in.  
I have a little while before I can try it as I'm only 1 week out and still on the liquid diet. 
  5'5" -- HW 275/SW 246/GW 130/CW 157      
no_more_rolls
on 9/19/11 9:36 pm - Jackson, MI
Dr. K's office said I could try bacon at 6 weeks out, but my body is still not ready for it yet.  Well as of yesterday anyhow.  Yuck!  Hopefully you will not have that problem and can eat loads of bacon at 6 weeks!  How are you feeling now?  I hope you are recovering well!  

~Roxy
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 355 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 133 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1049 views