ANY DOCTORS???

sweetsuzy
on 9/20/11 4:08 am - Defiance, OH
I AM CONCIDERING HAVING THE SECOND PART OF THE DS, I HAD VSG IN 2006 NEVER GOT TO GOAL.I WANT TO KNOW IF IT IS TOO LATE TO HAVE ANY SIGNIFIGANT WEIGHT LOSS COMPARED TO A VIRGIN DS. WOULD LOSS BE SLOWER? THANKS FOR ANY AND ALL INFO!!    SUSIE
ann M.
on 9/20/11 4:30 am - Northern, VA

Not a doctor....But you may get more responses if you change your title to something like "VSG to DS revision questions".

What I've seen on my time here on the boards is that many do ok.  Many would agree that weight loss is a bit slower and harder than a virgin DS.  What is your BMI?  What surgeon are you looking at revising you?  Good luck.

-Ann

SW / BMI / SIZE:  312 / 49.5 / 26-28W         CW / BMI / SIZE:  159.1 / 25.1/ 10-12 
I need to lose about 2 more pounds for a normal BMI .  I still seem to be slowly losing at over 2 yrs out...so may get there yet.

Elizabeth N.
on 9/20/11 5:39 am - Burlington County, NJ
Yes, some people lose more slowly. It seems that at least for some people, some of the "synergy" of having the entire procedure done at one time is important.

In some cases, people get their stomachs "resleeved" when they get their intestinal procedure.

FYI, Brian Lane is not a valid option for this type of revision procedure.

sweetsuzy
on 9/20/11 6:59 am - Defiance, OH
thank you for your reply. i guess i do have the wrong heading! lol. my bmi is 38 i think. pretty high. not sure who i would have do revision, definately NOT dr. lane. thanks!
beemerbeeper
on 9/20/11 6:59 am - AL
I see that you are new to internet forums.  Here's some hints that will help you out.

When you write a title for a thread be specific.  "Need info on weight loss with VSG to DS revision" would get your more readers than "any doctors?.".  Why do you need doctor's anyway?  You need to hear from folks who either have had a VSG to DS revision or from someone who has researched this revision.

Also when you type in all caps it is very diffeicult to read and is considered SHOUTING.  So please don't do that.

Make sure you find a vetted DS surgeon to do your "switch."  The VSG part is not so complicated.  The switch part is very complicated and only a few surgeons in the world can do it.  You must find an experienced DS surgeon.  One place to find one is on www.DSFactx.com

Good luck to you!

nightowl
on 9/20/11 4:50 pm - Topeka, KS
I'm no doctor, but I can suggest some, if that's any consolation, haha.  Doctors Maguire and Teel in Ohio do the DS.  Even though Maguire does the DS open, I think he is more experienced at the DS than his colleague, and more pro-DS, if I recall correctly from reading.  If your BMI is 38, it's usually only considered proper to give you a DS if you also have comorbidities, such as diabetes, sleep apnea, or high blood pressure. 

The fact that it would be separate from the date you got your sleeve may slow down your loss, but, the fact that you are already a relative lightweight would increase your chances of getting closer to a normal weight.
sweetsuzy
on 9/22/11 6:15 am - Defiance, OH
Night owl, thank you for your response.I appreciate it very much. I guess I thought if I put it in box as I did i might get a reply from a doctor who may have done this procedure after the initial surgery in 2006.I will do more research on this a sI would like to have an experienced doctor. I am also sorry about the caps, did not mean to offend anyone as I was not yelling. Again thank you to everyone.      susie
Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 364 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 137 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1051 views