Dr Roslin

divakay2
on 9/24/11 12:34 am
Was wondering how many of Dr Roslin RNY to DS patients have gotten this loop DS or the classic DS.....................Kenya
NoMore B.
on 9/24/11 3:07 am
Hi Kenya
I think Shavonne told me she was the only one with the loop DS.
divakay2
on 9/24/11 3:31 am
Hi joanne,
I spoke with him on thursday he said he had done 3.I was wondering how they where doing and did they have any info on this proceedure.I have be able to find 1 reference and 1 video.Please call me if you can, I sent my number via FB............................................................................Kenya
sandy_mt
on 9/24/11 3:45 am, edited 9/24/11 4:10 am
 Hey Kenya-

I actually got the loop DS.  Our intention going in was to go for the traditional DS, but when I woke up after the 5-hour surgery, Dr. Roslin told me he gave me the loop instead because of not having enough bowel to work with, or something like that.  His intentions and exactly what he did are in my operative note.  If he hadn't have told me, I wouldn't know the difference.  I am doing well-don't have TOO many bathroom issues, but noticed that my gas and BM's were smelling worse than I have ever experienced with the RNY (and I had bad issues then too).  I started probiotics and I notice that it definitely has improved.  

Weight loss has been okay.  I know I've screwed up my metabolism by having had the RNY and with so many years of dieting and re-gaining weight.  SO-I joined Fitworks and have a trainer 2x a week.  He totally kicks my ASSSSSS, and I do 2 additional days of cardio.  I think this will help get my metabolism back on track.  BUT-overall I'm doing well.  Highest weight was 305.  Day of surgery was 289 and am now 245 today.  My revision surgery was 07/11/2011.  I have plateaud 2x for 3 weeks each (before I started my workouts).  I'm eating a TON of fat-everything I can..lol..oh and protein-a lot of bacon, cheese, peanut butter, popcorn with tons of butter.....and losing.  I'm so happy for this 2nd chance.  I'm going to make the most of it.  

Good luck with whatever you decide.  Of course, if I had to go into it again, I'd probably ask for the traditional DS just because there is no data on this one yet to support it either way.  I guess Gagner, Balthasar and Roslin are all trying to do this procedure on more people and Roslin is trying to get this research funded.  Who knows?  Gotta start somewhere, right?

Feel free to message me with any questions.  But, like I said, compared to what other people have described, I have the same experiences so I honestly can't tell the difference at this point.

Sandy   

Edited to add:  For any virgin DS people reading this, this procedure is only being offered to revision patients from RNY to DS.  Traditional revision DS apparently has 4 anastomoses (reconnections) and the loop DS only has 2.  

divakay2
on 9/24/11 4:57 am
Thanks Sandy for answering, I wasn't aware of Dr Gagner doing this as surgical option also.Congrats on your weight loss I will add you as a friend.Do you know of anymore research of this procedure other than the Spain team.I told him I wanted the regular DS but would like to see the info...........Kenya
sandy_mt
on 9/24/11 5:35 am
 As far as I know it's just Roslin, Gagner and Balthasar.  You may want to ask Dr. Roslin himself to be sure.  When he was talking about it to me he said that so far, none of the docs have seen any differences in weight loss between one procedure and the other.  BUT..it's still new, so we'll see.  The jury is still out!  I hope for my sake that it continues to be as good.

Sandy

Shavonne P.
on 9/24/11 9:33 am
We're loop sisters.  I had the loop with Roslin as well. 
Nothing feels better than being able to go into ANY store and fit their clothes!
sandy_mt
on 9/24/11 10:45 am
 GREAT!  Looks like you're doing well so far.      Praying for long-term success as I have NEVER been able to keep any weight loss off for any significant period of time.  

Sandy 

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 358 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 134 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1050 views