4 year pics and such!

Kayla B.
on 9/24/11 9:02 am, edited 9/24/11 9:06 am - Austin, TX
Four years ago--I cried in the pre-op room.  I wanted pancakes.  I was just scared.  But when I woke up, I was really glad I had gone through with it--and I still am!  I love-love-love my DS.  My life has changed, and I've never been happier. 

I'm not as thin today as I was 2 years ago, but I've had no less than 3 of my doctors comment recently on how nice my coloring is these days and how healthy I look.  And one of my friends admitted that I just didn't look healthy 2 years ago, so I'll take it.

I weigh 168-ish these days.  I'm 5'9 and that might make me slightly overweight, and that plays crazy mind tricks with me, but I really am trying to just get the hell over it.  I don't work out as much as I used to, and that's OK too. 

I've had struggles, of course, and this post isn't meant to detract from how hard things have been at times, but it's meant to celebrate how far I've come.

My official high weight was 368.  When I tell people I've lost 200lbs, they basically freak out.  I used to wear size 28/30 and I was scared to grow out of Lane Bryant.  I wear somewhere between an 8 and a 10 and usually wear medium or large tops.  I feel average.

I could say a lot more, but it doesn't really matter.  I'd do it again.  No regrets.

I also want to make a tribute to my parents, without whom this would never be possible.  They've helped support me, trusted me to make my own mistakes, bought and tasted ridiculous foods, and they always keep the fridge stocked with protein goodies when I come to visit.  I would be nowhere without them.  They'll probably never see this post--but it's still important to me to recognize how wonderful they are.

Oh, and I finally got a tummy tuck and holy crap that thing rocks.
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
MajorMom
on 9/24/11 9:17 am - VA
Happy surgiversary, Kayla! You have really done an super job with your DS...a true poster child. lol  Congratulations on your success.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Nicolle
on 9/24/11 9:19 am
Wow. I think you look amazing in your "today" picture!

Congrats on four amazing years! Thanks for sharing your journey with us.

Nicolle

I had the kick-butt duodenal switch (DS)!

HW: 344 lbs      CW: 150 lbs

Type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea GONE!

Shavonne P.
on 9/24/11 9:20 am
HOT MOMMA! You look amazing.  I want your legs.  Lol
Nothing feels better than being able to go into ANY store and fit their clothes!
Emily F.
on 9/24/11 9:20 am
Wow. You are just beautiful. Congrats.
teachmid
on 9/24/11 9:41 am - OKC, OK
Kayla,
You look so beautiful and healthy. Congratulations on your success!!
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

prettypixels
on 9/24/11 9:41 am
You are just *glowing*. You look amazing, and like you FEEL amazing which is even more wonderful. Congratulations and thank you for sharing and for sticking around here to pass on all your knowledge and experience to use noobs!
someguy
on 9/24/11 3:43 pm, edited 9/24/11 3:43 pm
This needs to be emphasized.

Obviously she looks amazing, but I think it's awesome for her (and other vets) to stick around and share her knowledge with us.
Mdae
on 9/24/11 10:15 am
you look fantastic, and absolutely not overweight!

zuzupetals2u2
on 9/24/11 10:27 am - Sedona, AZ
Thanks for being an inspiration - and a great help now & then! You are beautiful!

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 264 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 740 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 247 views