Jogging and crying....

Katie K.
on 9/28/11 11:48 am - Grand Haven, MI
My 2 weeks prior to surgery I started at 314. That was on May 23 of this year.
I am down 86 pounds, 12 sizes and this morning I jogged.. i started the Couch to 5K program.

It was the first time in my life I woke up early and eagerly to exercise.
I walked for 5 minutes and then when the program told me run I swiftly broke into a run, no pain just freedom and the early morning stars up in the big black sky....

I cried... tears of joy that I am able to do this, pain free for the first time in nearly 20 years.

I want to thank My Surgeon.. Dr. Kemmeter in Grand Rapids michigan for encouraging me and appreciating that I knew what the hell I was talking about when I first met with him.
I want to thank all of the VETs and members of OH that played a part in my early research and struggles making a desicion.

This Saturday I will be going to Cedar Point to ride roller coasters and walk the park pain free and hopefully not have to take the walk of shame off of a ride for not fitting...

Now... I need to go take a tylenol for my sore thighes from my jog this morning.. LOL.....

"Nobody will fault you for trying" - My mother
Seminar: 1/8/2011. Initial Appt: 1/27/2011. Behaviorist: 1/31.2011. Surgeon 1/31/2011
Sleep Study: 2/7/2011.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Paul11011
on 9/28/11 11:59 am
Awesome!  Congratulations Katie and enjoy Cedar Point, there will be no walk of shame for you. 
VSG 1-10-2011 Dr. Randal Baker.   www.grandhealthpartners.com

* Gail R *
on 9/28/11 2:08 pm - SF Bay Area, CA
Bravo!

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

(deactivated member)
on 9/28/11 2:32 pm
Awesome sauce!!
Diane Davis
on 9/28/11 3:33 pm
So happy for you katie!  I pray that my hips and knees get better with weight loss so I can experience this, as well.  I would be thrilled if I would be able to just walk without all the pain! 

What a beautiful time to do what you did.  Private time with our Heavenly Father with all the beauty.....AWESOME moment!
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
MajorMom
on 9/28/11 7:38 pm - VA
That's wonderful! It truly is. I'm so happy for you.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Julie B.
on 9/28/11 9:16 pm - OH
What a wonderful story!! Congrats!! I hope someday I can also feel this way! You are an inspiration!

SW - 373 / CW - 179 / GW - 160

kirmy
on 9/28/11 9:53 pm - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Sorry mate your title had me chortling away.  I had this mental image of when little kids are crying and running at the same time and they make that : "ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah wahhh ah ah" noise with each step.  For some very odd reason I imagined a grown woman doing that.

Awesome work there girly.  I like everyone else is very proud of what you've achieved.

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
Katie K.
on 9/29/11 5:34 am - Grand Haven, MI
You missed with Snot running down their face.. believe me.. my brain does not function so differently than yours does and the thought did not escape me as to the mental picture of it all.. I did laugh while running at the thought of crying while jogging..

even better... I ran into a mailbox today.. no ****
"Nobody will fault you for trying" - My mother
Seminar: 1/8/2011. Initial Appt: 1/27/2011. Behaviorist: 1/31.2011. Surgeon 1/31/2011
Sleep Study: 2/7/2011.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

kirmy
on 9/29/11 4:33 pm - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Well done!  We could be related!

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 101 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 651 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 233 views