12 Days out of surgery.......Constipation

pktwatch
on 10/3/11 1:10 pm
      Last Friday was my first BM, I was released from the hospital on the Sunday before. I went 3 times Friday and once Saturday morning, skipped Sunday and found myself constipated today.   I have been eating cottage cheese about 2 times a day (1 OZ at a time) and have had string cheese and small cubed cheese a couple of times. I am eating refried beans, soup, baby food fruit. I am using butter all that I can........I think some of the new meds that I am on or maybe the iron in my multi vites is the thing working one me.
  The question I have is what is best for us to take for constipation? I spent half of the day on the pot today and about wore myself out trying to go!

Switched 9/21/2011 By Dr. Inman
HW    368
SW    328
CW    180

GW 180 (or less to get to a normal BMI)

(deactivated member)
on 10/3/11 1:21 pm - Santa Cruz, CA
Miralax.  it can be used daily.

Also, you're only eating very small amounts;  nothing in, nothing out.

Good luck!
J J the Jet Plane
on 10/3/11 1:44 pm
If I do not get all my fluids in, nothing in nothing out. 
Feel Better!
JJ
(deactivated member)
on 10/3/11 2:12 pm
More liquids and Miralax. 

Also I agree about little in = little out.

Michele
Elizabeth N.
on 10/3/11 10:37 pm - Burlington County, NJ
More fluids. more movement, more fat, Colace, Miralax.

zuzupetals2u2
on 10/4/11 4:17 pm - Sedona, AZ
often the pain pills they send home with you cause constipation too. Cheese can be binding too but everyone is different. It sounds like you know adding fat can help and have some other good suggestions here too. I remember that everyday it gets a little better. Hang in there!

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 154 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 694 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 237 views