Incision pain got better, now it's worse than ever

butercup
on 10/11/11 2:33 pm - Kennewick, WA
My incisions by my belly button were the sorest, obviously, but it was getting better.  The ripping flesh with lemon juice poured over sensation was stopping and mellowing out.  I had told my surgeon about it and was told it's nerves reconnecting.  I remembered that from my other abdominal surgeries once he said it.

Here's the problem. I was getting better.  The stinging and pulling was almost gone and I haven't had any pain meds for a while.  Yesterday the pain started up and today it's really bad.  I can't stand for long, sit on the toilet, sit up straight, bend over, pick something up, lean to the side, or the stinging is really bad.  I've taken Tylenol and it will help take some of the edge off. 

I've had a cough the last few days due to the flu.  I also have a pulled muscle feeling in the middle right of my stomach muscles.  There isn't a bulge, just a strained pain and the stinging pulling.  I did locate the site and it's not directly under an incision.  It's in between the two big ones that the stomach came out of. I have two because the first one wasn't cooperating during the surgery.

Is this cause for alarm or is this standard?  I have heard of people that felt good one week and then regressed. 
Mdae
on 10/11/11 2:42 pm
I had one incision that was significantly more sore than the others, and seemed to be the longest healing.  I believe it was the one where the stomach and whatnot came out.  I don't think that I'd be alarmed just yet if I were you.  I sugges****ching your temp, and for other signs of infection.  Call the doc if it gets worse.

butercup
on 10/11/11 3:06 pm - Kennewick, WA
Thanks. :)  I'm worried cuz the pain is getting worse.  I do have a bit of a fever, but I have the flu, so I don't know.  If it's not better tomorrow I'll call.
newyorkbitch
on 10/12/11 12:57 am
Go get seen. Do not wait.
Elizabeth N.
on 10/12/11 2:59 am - Burlington County, NJ
I hope you called the doc this morning. This is the kind of thing where it's MUCH MUCH BETTER to call too often than not often enough. Please let us know how it's going. Don't make assumptions about this stuff.

rnshawn
on 10/12/11 12:13 am
If you have a temp, I would go see your MD. It may be what you are calling the flu or it could be a sign of infection. Is the spot sore or warm?
larra
on 10/12/11 12:47 am - bay area, CA
I would call, as increasing pain could be from infection, and the timing for an infection is right. The fact that it was better and is now worse is very concerning.

Larra
butercup
on 10/12/11 6:07 am - Kennewick, WA
Got a call back from the doctor. Since there is no fever today and no hot spots she booked me to see her tomorrow rather than today.

I'll find out tomorrow. I think it's just my sagging fat and cough pulling at the incisions.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 121 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 663 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 234 views