What is up with the DS board?

biastar83
on 10/12/11 9:54 am - WI
 I stopped coming on here a year ago cause so many people were mean to each other. Now I start coming back on here to check in on everybody an people are still being rude an mean to each other!! What is up with that??? I think its just our DS board that has this problem. Skinny meanies!!!!  I think it's cause a lot of us are shooting in the dark getting DS surgery. Meaning it's not well known WLS an we kinda learn every thing on our own. We need to stick together. Be happy an lets get along already. 

We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.      

(deactivated member)
on 10/12/11 9:57 am

Thank you!!!!!
(deactivated member)
on 10/12/11 10:08 am
I haven't been around either and it looks pretty normal to me. *lol*
(deactivated member)
on 10/12/11 10:26 am - Bayonne, NJ
Meh, it's the full moon.
(deactivated member)
on 10/12/11 10:26 am
Seems "normal" to me.

I think any time you have a diverse mixture of people, whether it is online or IRL, you are going to have diverse opinions and a diverse way of expressing them.

I dunno, none of it bothers me most of the time.  I have a few people blocked but it isn't because they were meanies, most of them are either train wrecks that I canno****ch or people that just rub me wrong.  I just don't hang out with them, just like real life...

Michele
Elizabeth N.
on 10/12/11 11:51 am - Burlington County, NJ
Why do people think they can just walk away from a community and then come back, having given absolutely NOTHING to that community, and expect to be able to ***** and whine and actually be taken SERIOUSLY?

Ms. Cal Culator
on 10/12/11 11:57 am - Tuvalu

Now, see?  Because I am cleverly disguised as Everybody's Asshole in various locations today (yes,,,JUST today), I did not post this very thing even thouogh it was floating through my brain.

Thank you.
Elizabeth N.
on 10/12/11 12:17 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Meh, it's my turn to be the ***** tonight. I just sat through an evening of stats class with several young ladies who mostly, um, pretty dim bulbs.

We just had our first test last week--open book, open notes. One young lady really shouldn't be in here and I don't know why she's here. She will NOT ask any questions during class. She clearly does not comprehend a WORD of what we're doing. (I overhear her where we gather to do homework. Thankfully she's afraid to ask me for help, because I don't think I could keep from asking how she graduated high school.) You should have HEARD the questions she kept asking the instructor during the exam, all of which the instructor answered with, "I can't answer that question because I am testing YOU on precisely THAT information."

Dim Bulb was in despair over her grade when exams were returned and went rushing to the instructor demanding to have her grade changed because she wasn't REEEEEEEADY for the test and the instructor didn't HELLLLLLLLLP her.

(Instructor is department chair, faculty chair, club and honor society advisor. Instructor nonetheless has FIFTEEN HOURS OF OFFICE HOURS PER WEEK available. Don't ask me how she does it. I think somebody gave her a nine day week.)

I'm in that office half a dozen times a week to sharpen a pencil, run a copy, shoot the **** whatever. Dim Bulb and others like her have no excuse. But then to have the ******g GALL to want a grade CHANGED just because they didn't bother to exert any effort.....

Yeah, I'm ready to be a ***** for a while.

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 10/12/11 12:33 pm
I can empathize. The freshman year at my college was affectionately called "the culling", attrition rate was sky high for the first year so the retention rate was low and there was a marked difference between the clueless freshmen and the sophomores who made it through the gauntlet. Hopefully time will cure the problem and you'll have better classmates going forward.
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

Elizabeth N.
on 10/13/11 1:03 am - Burlington County, NJ
I wish. This girl is a junior.

There are two things going on there that just boggle my mind. One is, "I don't understand it, so just give me my EXCELLENT grade." The other is the idea that it's so....well, terrifying, I'll assume....to visit the prof and ask for help. We are PAYING CUSTOMERS and the prof provides that service for crying out loud! So, too, does the tutoring center. Hello?

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 148 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 690 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 237 views