Hunger has returned!! eeeekkk!

pepling
on 10/22/11 5:25 am - Independence, MO
 I will be 3 years out at the end of Jan this coming year.  About 6 months ago my hunger has returned with a Vengence!!   Last year got a new sit down job in front of a computer and was fine til hunger came back.   Now have regained about 15 lbs and feel like I'm starving a lot!  Yes, my carbs are way up right now.   There for a long time it didn't matter if I ate carbs or not , was still stable.  Now I think I am paying for letting my eating habits slide.  

Any ideas on how to curb the carb monster and how to knock the worst of the all the time hunger out???   I'm looking for good snack ideas as well for on the job.   

Would love to hear from some DSer's that have been out at least 2 years and know what I am talking about!   - - - but of course ideas from anyone is welcome!  :)

pepling

Down 140 lbs!

HW ~  340
 SW ~  330
 CW ~  199
 GW ~ 140

Elizabeth N.
on 10/22/11 5:47 am - Burlington County, NJ
Hunger is normal and necessary for human survival. What were you thinking, that you'd never feel another hungry moment again?

If you're hungry, then EAT. But quit eating crap.

There's only one thing to do about the "carb monster": Quit making it into a monster.

We have to make choices about what we put into our mouths. Welcome to being normal just like everyone else.

You must eat a protein focused diet. Your free ride is at an end. That's the bottom line. This is DS Living 101.

So, out with the carby crap and in with the protein.

Store PROTEIN at your desk. Get the crap out of your desk. You know how to do this. Store seeds and nuts and pork rinds instead of chips. Eat a protein bar instead of cookies if you like the bars okay. Have a good supply of cheese in the work refrigerator. Et cetera.

You're going to have a carb detox. Suck it up and move through it.

Elizabeth N.
on 10/22/11 5:49 am - Burlington County, NJ
Um, btw, according to your posting history, it has NOT been unproblematic for you to eat whatever carbs you wanted. The advice doesn't change. It's up to you to make your own choices.
If you are happy with the way you are eating and living, then don't change. If you want to be healthier and have more satiety, you'll have to make changes. The power is all in YOUR hands.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/board_id,5357/user_id,8 25754/a,messageboard/action,memberPosts/

(deactivated member)
on 10/22/11 6:29 am
Yes, MA'AM... I know what you're talking about.

I'l be 3 years out in January, and my hunger returned a couple months ago.

I got a big clear plastic (4 quart) beverage container when Walmart had summer items on clearance.  I make Splenda sweetened lemoade, slice a  lemon and drop it in  (this pretties and freshens it up a bit) and I drink that whenever I get the urge to start mucnhing on something like pretzels or potato chips. It fits nicely on the top shelf in my fridge, it gives me something to knock down the hunger, and I get my fluids and vitamin C all at the same time!   Even when I was eating those things, I did't gain weight, but I wasn't very pleasant to be around, either, because of the dreaded GAS!  I will stil eat popcorn, and I use tortilla chips in my chili, but that's it!

I hope I don't wake up one morning and none of my clothes fit!
pepling
on 10/22/11 8:14 am - Independence, MO
On October 22, 2011 at 1:29 PM Pacific Time, Jazzbabe wrote:
Yes, MA'AM... I know what you're talking about.

I'l be 3 years out in January, and my hunger returned a couple months ago.

I got a big clear plastic (4 quart) beverage container when Walmart had summer items on clearance.  I make Splenda sweetened lemoade, slice a  lemon and drop it in  (this pretties and freshens it up a bit) and I drink that whenever I get the urge to start mucnhing on something like pretzels or potato chips. It fits nicely on the top shelf in my fridge, it gives me something to knock down the hunger, and I get my fluids and vitamin C all at the same time!   Even when I was eating those things, I did't gain weight, but I wasn't very pleasant to be around, either, because of the dreaded GAS!  I will stil eat popcorn, and I use tortilla chips in my chili, but that's it!

I hope I don't wake up one morning and none of my clothes fit!
 Thanks Jazz!   I knew someone would get it.....     
pepling

Down 140 lbs!

HW ~  340
 SW ~  330
 CW ~  199
 GW ~ 140

Elizabeth N.
on 10/22/11 8:37 am - Burlington County, NJ
Uh, do you think I DON'T get it?

Renfairewench
on 10/22/11 12:42 pm
Oh E...of COURSE you don't get it... LOL.

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

Elizabeth N.
on 10/22/11 8:52 pm - Burlington County, NJ
*snort* Silly me. The evil awful EN has no feelings or sensations :-p.

Renee2007
on 10/22/11 8:54 am - Central, FL
 You just have to go back to the basics. It's not hard. Just load up on protein....dense protein will keep you full for longer periods of time. You can fill in the gaps with protein shakes or low carb protein bars and you just cut WAY back on the crap carbs. The more carbs you eat the more you will crave and they NEVER give you that full sensation. It's not rocket science. Our DS's are designed to work a certain way and if you treat it the way it's designed your problems will be resolved. Check out the daily thread Bites and Vites. You will get great food choices and ideas from that thread. Most of the posters there eat the basic DS diet. High protein....low carb.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

(deactivated member)
on 10/22/11 9:23 am
Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 95 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 95 views
calcium/protein