prayers please

scaryreader
on 10/27/11 1:24 pm - Chicago, IL
Please everyone, I really need your prayers. My 19yr grandson passed away from an asthma attack 3 weeks ago and I am not handling it at all. I'm supposed to go to my 1st grief counseling tomorrow. But I'm thinking of not going because I really don't think it will help. He was my heart. I've had "Sweetum" tattooed on my upper chest since he was 2yrs old because that's what I called him. I am the grandparent, I was supposed to go first.

Eve
hw:400+
sw:340
cw:163

orangecrushed
on 10/27/11 1:31 pm - Triad, NC
Eve,
I am so sorry for your loss.  You most certainly have my prayers, as well as your family.  I can't imagine what you are going through.  The counseling may surprise you, honestly.  I lost two friends in the span of a week last year very suddenly... and the counseling did help.  They may offer ideas that you feel are silly or unhelpful at the time, but I did a lot of crying, talking, and even getting some anger out in the session.  It won't solve anything... but it could be a small step towards some healing.

I hope that you can take some time to remember all of the wonderful things about your grandson, and be thankful for the time you were able to spend with him.  We will never understand why these things happen.  I wish I had some helpful words for you.  *big hug*

Nic

J G.
on 10/27/11 1:50 pm

Eve, I am certainly praying for you and your "Sweetum."  I know how you feel, that life does not always deal the cards right.  My mom died when I was still young. I agree with Nic, I think you should go ahead and go to the counseling.  It may help you in ways you're just not aware of yet.  I'm so sorry you are dealing with this.  Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.   - Jenny

buffalobillsfan
on 10/27/11 2:16 pm - CA
My prayers are with you.  Grieving is a horrible feeling.  Counseling usually has no bad side effects so you might as well give it a try.  Right? 

(deactivated member)
on 10/27/11 2:20 pm
I am so sorry for your loss, Praying for you as you start your journey thru grief. Grief counseling helped me alot when I lost my sister.  I would go, there are so many stages of grief and it helped me to see where I was at and learn to deal with it.
zuzupetals2u2
on 10/27/11 2:40 pm - Sedona, AZ
oh my = I used to think there was no pain like losing a child but a grandchild- that has to be as bad - maybe worse- because you loved him for so long and so deeply. The bond between my Grandparents  & me was so strong that I almost believe they contact me in dreams the way they appear there so often and they really live in my heart. I think he will always be with you too. But please force yourself to go to the group and don't be afraid to cry because talking it out is a lot of the healing. Prayers going up!

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

butercup
on 10/27/11 4:39 pm - Kennewick, WA
I am so sorry for you and your family. How sad to die from something preventable. Go to therapy. It won't hurt you more than you hurt now. Love and positive thoughts coming from me to you.
lk1970
on 10/27/11 9:10 pm
Im so sorry... can't imagine how painful this is for you....

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says "oh crap! she's up!

Twyla S.
on 10/27/11 10:15 pm - Chattanooga, TN
 Lots of prayers for you and this painful loss.  My mother used to tell me that you loved your grandchildren like they were your own...sometimes more.  My grandson isn't born yet, and I'm already in love with him, so I cannot even fathom what you are going through.  It isn't fair to outlive your children or your grandchildren....bless your heart, and my God give you the strength to help you pull through.

When my mother died from cancer last year, I sat down and wrote her a letter.  I said everything I had ever wanted to say to her...the good, the bad.....yes, you get angry about it, believe it or not--and that's where a therapist comes in handy.  Please go to the grief counseling....there are others who have been there, are going through this and it helps to get it out.  If you don't, it will eat you up inside, and you know he wouldn't want that for you.  You're in my prayers.....

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself. ~Harvey Fierstein
(deactivated member)
on 10/27/11 10:59 pm
Eve,

I can't even imagine what you are going through.  I raised my oldest grandson.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Go to the counseling, I do know that Sweetum would not want you to suffer like this and it
will help.

Hugs,
Michele
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 258 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 738 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 244 views