GOAL!!!!!!! ...and then some!

DarcyMad
on 11/3/11 2:14 am - Cedar Park, TX
Holy crapband Batman!  I never thought I'd be here...not in a billion years.  After dieting from the age of 20 and failure after failure and thinking SURELY I'd be the only person to have the DS fail them....I AM AT GOAL!!!!

I'm 43 and 5'7" and I remember thinking that maybe 140 was a little too far out of reach but its still a healthy weight for me.  So...what the heck...I threw it out there.  I should be healthy as a result of the surgery, right?  Well, yesterday I stepped on the scale and lost 3 lbs....from 143 to 140.  That's at 11 mos out.  My surgiversary will be 11/17.  Then, this morning, I stepped on again and I was 138!  I just dropped 5 lbs in 2 days.  This damn DS STILL amazes me.  I think I've only ever fluctuated 1 lb up since having my surgery.  I've always stayed the same or lost.

One of my friends who was bashing me for going this route is now considering WLS.  The other one is still trying to exercise so she doesn't have to have WLS but my guess is that she will succumb to it at some point as she is almost SMO and beginning to become unhealthy.  I have steered both of them towards the DS and also OH!

I submitted my before and after photos to OH both for the website and the magazine.  My B&A is on my profile now and they are going to put me in print - woo hoo!  If you haven't done so already - SUBMIT YOUR PICS.  For so many, seeing is believing and I think that's a fabulous way to pay it forward.  We'll show the world how much the DS rocks!

The extras we have to be accountable for post-op, such as protein intake and vitamins, are SUCH a small price to pay for becoming healthy again.  I can't thank OH and our vets enough for the guidance.  Newbies get credit too for asking the questions!  You may not always get an answer you like but its honest and straightforward, that's for sure.  Remember when your parents said "you'll thank me later?"  Well, you will thank these vets later - trust me!  LOL  Keep your mind open.  Some of these folks know more than some docs!  AND we have docs on here who help keep us educated.  What more could one ask for?!

Wishing everyone the best!
DarcyMad
Surgery Date:  11/15/2010
Jewel506 is my Angel!    Angel to Kristi (Momx4)
Anything that is, or was, began as a dream - Lavagirl 

BeagleMama
on 11/3/11 2:58 am
Darcy,

Yay!! Congratulations on your phenomenal success! You look fantastic, and what a journey! Thank you so much for this post, and all your contributions to this board. Every word you have written is valuable information for the pre-ops and new-ops to learn from. Here's wishing you continued success and health!
BeagleMama
DarcyMad
on 11/3/11 4:51 am - Cedar Park, TX
Thanks Beagle!!!  If I can pay it forward somehow, I will!
DarcyMad

Frankie
on 11/3/11 4:39 am - NY
Hi DarcyMad, congratulations you are rocking your DS.  You have given me hope that I can go lower than my previous goal of 165.  I am 44 and 5'7" as well and you look fabulous. Keep up the good work.

Frankie

DarcyMad
on 11/3/11 4:52 am - Cedar Park, TX
Thanks Frankie!  Its true that you never know where your body thinks is ideal!  LOL
DarcyMad

scoob
on 11/3/11 4:44 am - Somerset, KY
YAY!! You have done absolutely wonderful! Congrats!! Soooooo HAppy for you!!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

DarcyMad
on 11/3/11 4:53 am - Cedar Park, TX
Thanks, Scoob, as always for your support.  Its been fun to watch your journey too!
DarcyMad

Larissa P.
on 11/3/11 5:11 am - Denton, TX
Awesome. I've called goal, too, and have been contemplating entering a before and after....
Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB
DarcyMad
on 11/3/11 10:11 am - Cedar Park, TX
Do IT, do IT, do IT!  LOL  Good advertising for your surgeon and how many times do we get the opportunity to see ourselves in print?!  Its all for the love of the DS.
DarcyMad

galla1
on 11/3/11 5:47 am
Thanks for your post.. you are truely an inspiration to me... Great Job on your success.. I hope to be in your shoes sooner than later!!

SW 314-- CW 170-- GW 155   HT 5'7"  I love my DS !!
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 137 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 679 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 236 views