Two Year Update. Band to DS revision Good Bad and Ugly.

Poodles
on 11/7/11 11:01 am - TX
So I have no idea how to put a picture in here, so copied and pasted two links that thought might work.  It is the terrible cliche picture in my before jeans that swallow me now.  Kind of cool though.  You can also just look at my profile.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

images.obesityhelp.com/uploads/profile/314628/albums/113345/2yrmark.JPG

Now for the Good: 

I can eat like a normal person.  No more lapband hell for me, I am in DS heaven!  I am officially half of my former self.  Losing 170lbs and weighing 170lbs.  I am in a size 10 pants and medium/large shirt (depending on how it is cut.)  I can fit in the shower stall with ease, don't have to worry about chairs with arms, and can walk more than 10 feet without passing out.  I am off my blood pressure medicines and diabetes medicines.  And now I know how to tell if I am really hungry.  I don't crave sweets anymore and would rather have a rotissary chicken and avacados on low carb tortillas over anything else... and I sometimes skip the tortilla.  Once I figured out what causes my gas and potty issues life has been great and the weight has melted off.  I can no longer drink milk in excess, eat sugar, or highly acidic food, and some vitamins bother me.  But still beats the heck out of pre op stuff.

The bad:  Kidney stones and citrate deficiency that have come along with the surgery.  Also lost my gallbladder 18 months out.  Which was a pain.  I also have a chronic back problem, that is not surgery related, but still stinks.  And I still have not figured out how to not miss my vitamins.  I am the worlds worst on vitamins. Malabsorbtion causes some issues with pain medications and other medications and I have found patches and shots work best for me. This causes some educational issues when it comes to doctors, as most  think the DS is a video game.

The Ugly:  I have some skin issues.  Baggy belly, butt, and neck bother me the most, but hubby says I look good, so I should not worry.  Have had to deal with ugly coworkers that make rude comments, but all is good.  I am healthier now and feel better, so they can be ugly if they want to be.  Because, lets face it... I am far from ugly now. Even without plastics. :)

I would do this surgery again in a heart beat.  I love my bacon covered egg filled butter flavored life.  Wouldn't change it for the world.

I love my DS!  Can't wait to see all my DS buddies on the losers bench.
 Come to the Dark Side!!!                     
Band to DS revision 11/09/09.
Learn about the Duodenal Switch at dsfacts.com ! Off site comparisons of the 4 WLS 
http://www.thinnertimes.com/weight-loss-surgery/wls-basics/w eight-loss-surgery-comparison.html
http://www.lapsf.com/weight-loss-surgeries.html

(deactivated member)
on 11/7/11 11:36 am
" I love my bacon covered egg filled butter flavored life."

I love that quote!  You look so happy and healthy and your husband sounds very supportive!  Congratulations on your success!  Now go take your vitamins!  Next time you pass a kidney stone, put some gusto behind it and aim it at a rude coworker!  That'll shut 'em up!

yorkieGal
on 11/7/11 12:04 pm - Clermont, FL
Good for you Poodles!! As another previous crapband person I know only too well how good the DS lifestyle is in comparison....It rocks!!

Oh and don;t worry about those jerks of co workers...its mind over matter...
Those who matter don;t mind and those who mind simply don;t matter ....mwah xx

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

(deactivated member)
on 11/7/11 12:20 pm
 Here is another cheer from a past crap bander. 

You GO poodles.

Congratulations on a great result.

Go take your vitamins.
(deactivated member)
on 11/7/11 1:29 pm - San Jose, CA
I don't usually post on the rah rah posts, just because I want to maintain my *****y aloof persona , but your smile says it all.
Renfairewench
on 11/7/11 11:55 pm
You crack me up Diana! 

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

(deactivated member)
on 11/7/11 1:37 pm - Lancaster, OH
Love your cliche picture!  Diana's right... your smile says it all.

Thanks for the update.
Diane Davis
on 11/7/11 2:42 pm
You look awesome Poodles! It's hard to imagine that you ever fit into those jeans!

Congratulations on your 2 year success!
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
teachmid
on 11/7/11 8:15 pm - OKC, OK
Congratulations on your success! BTW, you look great!!!!
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

NoMore B.
on 11/7/11 8:42 pm
 Hey Switch Sister!
Can you believe it's been 2 years since we were contemplating running out of the pre-op areas in our little gowns?

You look fantastic!  I'm glad to see you smiling and doing so well.

Those co-workers sound like they have their own issues with jealousy.  Sorry that's happening to you, just ignore them.

Keep rocking that DS!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 146 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 688 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 237 views