Hate to bring this up, but I feel like I'm eating way too much

Sunshine16
on 11/17/11 5:56 am
Hello guys,

I feel like I eat every two hours because once I eat, it comes out of my system. I can have eggs with cheese and a suages, and 1.5 hours later running to the bathroom and then feel like I need to eat some more.  I am experiencing a very stressful time of my life of being unemployed and having the unknowing,  but I feel like I'm eating out of stress way too much.  I'm overall content where I am in size, however have not really reached my goal.  I could stand I guess 17 pounds, but I feel and look good, however like to control the amount of food I eat overall.  Do I feel hungry no,but I am struggling with head hungry BAD.  Please give me some sugguestion on how to deal with the head hungry.  Also to help with the anxiety I do cardio Monday thru Friday. 

Thank you,
Sunshine

MajorMom
on 11/17/11 7:16 am - VA
If food is going through your system that fast you probably should eat every 2 hours. Going that often isn't really normal. Have you talked to your surgeon or NUT about what could be causing this? Are you taking lots of calcium and iron and the rest of the supplements?

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Sunshine16
on 11/17/11 7:20 am, edited 11/17/11 7:20 am
Gina,

Yes, I'm definitely taking my supplements and vitamins.  Are you saying the more vitamins you take, easier for things to run right through? 

I have not brought this to my surgeon attention.  I can definitely shoot him an email.

Sunshine
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 11/17/11 7:31 am
 I know for me, that both my iron, and my calcium which I take numerous times a day, keep things firm, and therefor slow me down a bit. It causes many to get constipated. So till your doc figures it out, more calcium may not hurt.
Sunshine16
on 11/17/11 7:35 am
Doesn't really firm things up on my end.  I take the Vitalady Iron tenders, 6 just like vitalady recommended at night and it does NOT really, maybe a little, firm things up.
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 11/17/11 11:54 am
 It's more the calcium than the iron, in part because we take so much more of it a day. 

Some have to switch brands or try something other than citrate to avoid the constipation (like MCHA). I take 4-6K or cal citrate a day, and had to sloowly go up to that, to let myself adjust.

Jolly Rancher
on 11/17/11 7:32 am
I won't speak for Gina, but I think she asked about the calcium because it tends to a binder. I once went out of town and forgot my supplements. I could not stay out of the bathroom. It was awful. As long as I'm faithful with my calcium, I'm good with the bathroom trips being only in the morning and not urgent.
Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
MajorMom
on 11/17/11 7:34 am - VA
zactly :)

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Sunshine16
on 11/17/11 7:39 am
How many mg of calcium do you take?
Jolly Rancher
on 11/18/11 12:46 am
I take Spring Valley brand Calcium Citrate w/D, no Mag. I take 2 tablets 4 times a day!
Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 117 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 661 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 234 views