Plastics consult - very excited and nervous!!

yorkieGal
on 11/18/11 5:43 am - Clermont, FL
HI guys,
I booked my plastics consult today, Monday 28th Nov at 9.30.
Its with Ocala pastic surgery and was recommended to me by a fellow DS'er. I am planning on a Brachioplasty and TT but I may just do the arms - we'll see.

Does anyone know anything about a type of insurance you can take out before surgery that covers you for any post op complications etc??

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

teachmid
on 11/18/11 6:10 am - OKC, OK
I had s PS consult earlier this week and was a nervous wreck. The insurance that was listed is CosmetAssure and the cost is $250. The PS I saw here requires it..
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

yorkieGal
on 11/18/11 6:33 am - Clermont, FL
Hey Hon,
Thanks for that info, I googled it and it makes me feel kind of reassured. I am so tired of worrying about how I hold my arms all the time as I wear short sleeves alot here due to the weather. I get fed up with people staring  at my arms ! I know I am going to have huge scars but at least they will no longer be flapping in the wind!!
Ok, now I am excited but kinda scared.
What happened with your consult? did you schedule anything?

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

teachmid
on 11/18/11 6:40 am - OKC, OK
For me, the hardest part was the pictures. I knew to expect them because I'd had DH do pictures which I'd emailed to Dr. Saucedo. That didn't make it any easier. Everything went fine.

His staff gave me a written quote but also referred me to a general surgeon he works with for my incisional hernia repair. I'm waiting for that appointment.

I want to go on an schedule, but I just started a new job and DH isn't on board with the cost. We're still paying off the surgeon fees for my revision, we'll see.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

provolisa
on 11/18/11 7:00 am - Provo, UT
I'm happy for you both. Just going to talk to the surgeon is a big step!

Lisa
               Recovering from the Duodenal Switch~
                HW - 495 / CW - 382 / GW - 175    Joanne B. is my Angel 

NoMore B.
on 11/18/11 7:07 am
 So exciting Yorkie!

I had a lot of plastics done, but I have to tell you if had to pick just one procedure it would have been my arms.  People see them the most.  

I think I know the other DS'er who had her plastics in Ocala :) - and she looks amazing.  That surgeon does great work.

Good luck!
Julie R.
on 11/18/11 7:27 am - Ludington, MI
 I agree, Joanne, if I could have any procedure done, it'd be my arms.    I also really want to have some "filler" placed in my "marionette lines" that run from my nose to my mouth.    That's a pretty quick fix, but I just can't seem to justify the $500 on it!
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

beemerbeeper
on 11/18/11 10:21 am - AL
Julie,

My Marionette lines are too deep for filler.  I need a major face lift to get rid of them.  I had thought I would "just" get a facelift but now I'm thinking about going to MX for my face, TT and breasts.  Hell, I deserve it right?

~Becky

Julie R.
on 11/18/11 10:34 am - Ludington, MI
 Hell YES

Julie R.
on 11/18/11 7:27 am - Ludington, MI
 Good luck!   I'd go for the arms first, too!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 121 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 663 views