What's for dinner tonight -Monday

yorkieGal
on 11/21/11 3:32 am - Clermont, FL
Hi Guys, hope you all had a good weekend!

Tonight we're having chilli. Bf will have his over some southwest flavor Orzo that we bought at our local farmers market yesterday and I will be having it over some sauteed zucchini slices.

What are you all having then??

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

adkmtngirl
on 11/21/11 6:13 am - Brant Lake, NY
 We're having homemade mac & cheese (w/ dreamfields pasta), burgers & artichokes (can you tell the kids chose the menu?)
Kristina

Gracie P.
on 11/21/11 6:35 am - Mansfield, OH
Rotisserie Mac and Cheese.  I am LUCKY that I can eat some regular pasta with little ill-effects!  This is a recipe my sister has made for years for her sons... they always ask for this for their special birthday meal!  So you know if kids like it, it's gonna be simple! 

1 box of Kraft Mac and Cheese with the cheese pouch (not the dry powder kind)  Cooked according to package directions.

1 can Cr. of Mush. Soup

4-8 oz. drained mushrooms

6 oz. can drained tuna (I have since changed this to 8 oz. of  diced Rotisserie chicken for my recipe)

1/2 bag of frozen peas or mixed veg. cooked according to pkg. directions.  Drained thoroughly.

Prepare Mac and Cheese according to package directions. 

Once made, stir in cr. of mush soup, mushrooms, chicken and veg.

Heat through and serve hot!

I always add extra chicken to my dish! 

YUM!  Can't wait for dinner!!

Gracie                                          
- 165 lbs. total!                     Updated 4/7/13

P. Poster
on 11/21/11 6:57 am
 My take on cream cheese chicken in the Crockpot-

3 boneless skinless breasts
1 stick butter
1 packet white chicken chili seasoning
8oz cream cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can (drained & rinsed) black beans
8oz shredded Monterray Jack cheese

melt butter, mix in seasoning, pour over chicken in the Crock.  Cook on high for 4 hours.  Remove chicken and shred.  Add cream of chicken, cream cheese, beans and a splash of milk (I use heavy cream) and stir to combine.  Add chicken back in and cheese then gently fold it together.  Turn the Crock to low and simmer for 30 minutes to warm everything through and melt the cheese.  Yummmmmmmer! 
Emily F.
on 11/21/11 7:07 am
Cheeseburger soup and scratch biscuits. Everyone raved.
marilyn A.
on 11/21/11 7:16 am - willoughby, OH
DS on 03/17/94

HAMBURGER patties with swiss cheese and mushrooms. And a great big salad. Trying to stay really low carb to lose a few lbs before holidays start.

T H.
on 11/21/11 7:23 am - Bryantown, MD
It was chicken piccata tonight at my house.  I cheated and bought it at Sam's club in the frozen section. Good stuff though :)

The only place were success comes before work is in the dictionary

April M.
on 11/21/11 10:55 am - MI
Leftovers. Hubbs had turkey tacos, the little one had chicken chunks, peas, a slice of cheese and some cinnamon-sugar toast, and I had leftover (heavily loaded) cheese, bacon and ranch seasoned fries from Rally's (Checker's) and a few bites of a big buford (think a whopper, with more real meat and less fast food) minus the bun.

I haven't been feeling well in the belly today, started the day with bacon, had to force down my tiny little 1/4 pound.

Went to Mongolian BBQ for lunch and had NY strip with a few pieces of asparagus and a large "protein salad" (a few leaves of lettuce, cheddar, bacon, olives, edamame, sunflower seeds, and blue cheese dressing). Ate a total of 3/4 c of the salad, and probably 5 bites of the steak.

Craved the fries and burger after we signed the papers on the re-finance of our home, ate literally 3 bites of the burger and 2 fries and put it all in the fridge.

Managed a total of 1/2 c of food at dinner. I feel like my stomach is bipolar. 3 days ago I could not eat enough. I was shocked and a little upset by how much I managed to eat in one day. Ladies, isn't it wonderful how much our monthlies can mess with us?

Last week, I was hungry enough to almost eat a horse. Starting yesterday, I'd be happier if I never had to look at food again. Hmmmm, at least since my wonderful, beautiful DS I get a few days a month where I don't feel like I could eat the entire world and not be satisfied.... in fact, I only feel like that for a few days a month, now!

~April~                                             5'7" 
       2 Part DS                   BMI: S/C/G    59.3/33.5/24.9   

Part 1: 3/14/11                HW/SW#1/SW#2/CW/GW      
    Part 2: 7/14/11                  
379/366/319/214/

Gracie P.
on 11/21/11 11:11 am - Mansfield, OH
April,  I love your description of your stomach being bipolar!  I am going to borrow that if you don't mind!  I call mine tiny-tummy days and never know what to call the days I can eat the whole house! 

It is amazing to me how I can be stuffed by just a few bites and not even 30 minutes later, I can eat and eat! 

The DS is a wonderful tool!

Gracie                                          
- 165 lbs. total!                     Updated 4/7/13

April M.
on 11/21/11 11:27 am - MI
Gracie, take it! Take my stomach too, while you're at it! Blah. Now I'm craving taco bell. I swear, I haven't had cravings this strong since I was pregnant. Hah! I decided not to fight it then, it got me where I am now.

Even with the hormones, the 5 weeks of pain meds (with each surgery!), and the fights because NO ONE should be forced to spend 6 weeks with their significant other without a break, I'd STILL do it every year if I had to... LOVE MY DS!!!!

~April~                                             5'7" 
       2 Part DS                   BMI: S/C/G    59.3/33.5/24.9   

Part 1: 3/14/11                HW/SW#1/SW#2/CW/GW      
    Part 2: 7/14/11                  
379/366/319/214/

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 148 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 690 views
Need help for my mom