HEARTBURN....HELP!!!

Melontiwst
on 11/28/11 7:27 am
I originally had my DS in 2008, lost 150lbs, but stalled for almost 2 years. Has sleeve revision on 11/18/11....ugh......Anybody with a revision have heart burn issues??? I am a little over a week out. I was sent home with a feeding tube, which is kinda ew but tolerable. At least I am getting my protein and liquid in. I can't swallow anything by mouth because my stomach is swollen, so nothing is going thru. Only thing I can do is take small pain pill when needed (it's really small, with a small sip of water). I tried Prevacid, but it doesn't work. I tried Tums, they don't work. I tried Zantac, but coudln't keep it down, threw it up twice. Now my throat is burning overtime, I just want some relief...anybody have any good ideas??!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!
newyorkbitch
on 11/28/11 7:38 am, edited 11/28/11 8:08 am
Try OTC Prilosec, 20mg twice a day.  It's a pill,  you will have to find a way to get it down.

Are you drinking enough fluids? 

larra
on 11/28/11 7:58 am - bay area, CA
Prevacid did absolutely nothing for me, but prilosec worked wonders. Give it a try, and if that doesn't work, get a script for something else. Keep trying, you'll find what works for you.

Larra
teachmid
on 11/28/11 8:08 am - OKC, OK
My surgeon started me on Nexium about a week post op and I still take it daily.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

DianaRR
on 11/28/11 8:45 am - CA
Nexium is the only thing that works for me, but it isn't a very small capsule.

Bonnie R.
on 11/28/11 10:07 am - Stratford, CT
 I, too, started taking Nexium at the beginning and I'm still on it at 19 mos. out.  With an even smaller stomach now, it is not surpising your stomach needs to learn how much acid to make OR like mine never learns and taking Nexium or some other PPI becomes a part of your life.  
sandyv63
on 11/28/11 10:18 am - Naples, FL
Pepcid Complete works instantly and lasts a full 24 hours for me, but I rarely suffer from heartburn for an extended period of time. The only thing is that it is a chewable. You can take up to two over a 24 hour period.  This is an OTC medication so you don't need a script.
  All the vets have moved to a site where there is no censorship and no biased, unfair moderation. If you want ACCURATE information, join us here:

http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi
waterman691
on 11/28/11 2:06 pm - west monroe, LA
 GasX worked for me, Walmart is open all night.
Rno

Arnold  HW 330  Pre Surg  300
gak
on 11/28/11 3:08 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
Prilosec works best for me. Just keep trying the different PPI's until you find one that works for you. I am surprised you were sent home with a feeding tube. Did they say why ? I had a re-sleeve done and it was never discussed.

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

J J the Jet Plane
on 11/29/11 10:41 am
Nothing OTC worked for me so far-- I know Im early out but I was perscribed acipHex and I rarely have to take it anymore. Maybe once a week for the last month.  It helps me within 30 min or less.

Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 92 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 92 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 647 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 233 views