Introducing my new avatar

provolisa
on 11/30/11 12:02 am - Provo, UT
 Hi Everybody!

I feel like I am going under the hood, to work on my physical appearance, what with surgery coming up in 2 weeks, and all.

So, I felt like changing my avatar to my favorite image of a phoenix. I love the imagery of the phoenix icon: rising from the ashes! I wanted to use that image to represent me until I am ready to post before and after pics online.

So, here is my new icon. It is still me, Lisa Bates, just a new face for my posts online.

See you on the boards!

Lisa
               Recovering from the Duodenal Switch~
                HW - 495 / CW - 382 / GW - 175    Joanne B. is my Angel 

a_new_mii
on 11/30/11 1:11 am - AZ
I'm so excited for you!  Two weeks will fly by and soon you will be here on the other side riding the losers bench.   
I know exactly how you fell about the whole phoenix thing.  I absolutely feel like I have been reborn.  the new me has so much energy and renewed life force.  I feel like I'm living again for the first time in so so long.

Join us here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi ~~❁~Ginger~~~
The beginning of a whole new world.              
HW-445
   SW-417    CW-162  GW-175            

ModestoK
on 11/30/11 2:01 am
I actually loved the photo in your avitar years ago.  I thought about making it when I used to do stained glass, but never got around to it.  Maybe now that I'm healthy again, I should get back into doing it!   I actually have the pattern somewhere at home.

Good luck on your upcoming surgery.

Kim
                                      ~  Kim  ~

HW - 283        SW - 257.5     Goal - 156
Thanks to all the DS vets who have paid it forward - I <3 you guys!  
Looking for DS support & information?   Check out :     http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi

provolisa
on 11/30/11 2:08 am - Provo, UT
 Yes, Kim, it's a beautiful piece of stained glass.

I have searched google a number of times, looking for any phoenix images, and it is my all-time favorite. I never thought of making it.

I have wanted to try doing stained glass for years, maybe *one day* I might give it a try too, now that you have given me the idea. I'm sure I would have to work my way up to such a complicated piece. \

If you ever do it, IM me a picture of it, and I'm sure I will be suitably impressed! 

Lisa

determineddanni
on 11/30/11 8:20 am
i actually really really love it! I was actually thinking of getting one on me after my surgery as a symbol of starting over. i might save you pic as future referance, i love it

HW 259          SW 256          CW 141       GW 150

NoMore B.
on 11/30/11 10:37 am
Love it!

I've been accumulating butterfly things, to symbolize change.  I'm contemplating a butterfly tattoo if I wasn't such a big wimp about pain.

Two weeks to go for you!!
provolisa
on 11/30/11 1:42 pm - Provo, UT
 Butterflies are really cool too, for symbolizing change. 

They are more feminine than phoenixes. I am not a really girly-girl. That is one side of me I want to re-discover as I lose weight.

Or maybe it's discover it for the first time...

Lisa

fullhousemom
on 11/30/11 10:56 am
Would it be foolish to admit....that I like the phoenix because I love Harry Potter!  :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 247 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 733 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 244 views