Still freaking out over clothes shopping today...

Dudette
on 12/7/11 10:44 am, edited 12/7/11 10:46 am - Edina, MN
I went out clothes shopping today for the first time since my DS surgery. I couldn't put it off any longer... my belt was at the smallest notch and my jeans were hanging on my ass like the sleeve of a wizard. I almost forgot how fun clothes shopping is.. it's been about 10 years since I really enjoyed it (back when I was 135 lbs due to a starvation diet, too much exercise and not enough sleep. Long story.)

Where to go? I swore to myself that I would never step foot in a Lane Bryant again after my surgery. No more fat stores for me. I decided to try Land's End. They carry some larger stuff along with regular sizes. I expected to just buy a new pair of jeans to get me through the next month or two. I ended up buying half the store, or it least it seemed that way.

I totally freaked out when I tried on a size Large and it fit perfectly. Not LARGE in the PLUS SIZE area... but Large in the REGULAR ladies area. Holy ****! I ended up buying three tops that actually fit me and make me look so much thinner than the crap I've wearing since my surgery. I also got a cute new fleece vest and a new winter Jacket (it's cold up here!). The biggest shocker was the size 16 jeans. My old jeans were 20/22's at least. I think. They had a tag that said Lane Bryant Petite 3. WTH? What's a Petite 3? That must be their code for not letting you know how fat you really are.

Anyway... I had the gal at the checkout cut off the tags so I could run to car and put on some of my fancy new stuff right away. My joy quickly turned to annoyance when I got to my car and found that some dip**** had parked 10 inches from my driver's side door. I figured I was screwed and would have to try crawling through the passenger's side door and over the center console. Well, I squeezed and I fit through my door. Barely. I never would have been able to fit my ass through that small car door opening a few months ago. After that I drove to a remote spot in the parking lot, stripped off my crappy old fat clothes and put on my jiggy new threads.

I am so high on myself right now.  Someone please slap me back to reality. 

fullhousemom
on 12/7/11 10:58 am
This IS your reality!  Yay!!!!!  Congrats!  I puchased some yoga pants in size xxl from Old Navy ($19.95) and wear them all the time.  Actually, that's all I wear these days.  My jeans were getting loose around the waist and were sagging at the crotch.  I'm down 43 pounds and don't want to go shopping just yet because I have a ways to go.

That said..... I CANNOT WAIT TO GO SHOPPING!  I go to the store and look at clothes totally differently than I did before.  And I too, do not want to have to shop at Lane Bryant anymore!  I keep thinking that next Christmas will be all about me! 

Congratulations and enjoy your new look!
Dudette
on 12/7/11 12:04 pm - Edina, MN
I still have a long way to go too... approx. 85 lbs to goal. But I just wanted a couple decent things since I know I'll be out and about a lot and seeing friends/family for the holidays. Might as well look as good as I feel. I plan to donate/give away my clothes when I shrink out of them.

My Mom came over to my house tonight to see my new outfits. She wears a Land's End size Large too... and already has dibs on the fleece vest.   The rest will go to the local "Swapkins"... it's a regular clothing swap arranged by a nice group of WLS folks I have been having coffee with every Saturday.

sara3
on 12/7/11 11:05 am
I love your post, I am looking forward to clothes shopping the most and could really feel your excitement through your post... enjoy it all... it is a fabulous new benchmark and triumph to relish.....
Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 12/7/11 11:09 am
That is awesome!

It's great not having to shop in plus size anymore, the regular size department has so much more to choose from and imho is tailored a lot better for the figure.

I hate going to the plus size section of Macys, everything is either dowdy/tent-like or waaaay to racy for someone like me trying to hide batwings. What's with this sleeveless trend in plus size anyway?

Anyway, enjoy the shopping high!
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

Victorious_one
on 12/7/11 11:13 am - South Central, PA

Did you say something about a wizard sleeve?  Borat flashbacks...  

Congratulations!    Glad you made out well shopping.  It's true, clothes that fit do indeed make one look thinner than those that hang off us.

Get used to it--the shopping only gets better!

Nicole  Lab rata data link- One-half of a DS couple!  - I'M BELOW GOAL!
 http://bit.ly/DSExp  After a very rough start it's official--I my DS!  Romans 8:28 
Looking for DS information? Start at 
 http://bit.ly/newDS and DSFacts.com 
LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers         
Dudette
on 12/7/11 11:48 am - Edina, MN
 Yes, Borat. Good catch! ;-p
k9ophile
on 12/7/11 11:31 am
Someone please slap me back to reality.

No, won't do that and nobody else should either.  I was wearing size 32/34 jeans and 4X tops.  now I wear size 14/16 slacks and L or XL tops depending on who makes them.  I did this mainly for my health, yet I do get a kick out of wearing really nice things and not just big tents that covered me up. I actually have two sweater dresses that I really like and never would have worn anything like that when I was big.  Life is good now that I'm healthier and look it as well.

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

Dudette
on 12/7/11 12:26 pm - Edina, MN
I'd be lying if I didn't admit that vanity and looking good wasn't the #2 reason I did this. The #1 reason was health. Before my DS my blood pressure was dangerously high. BP meds helped, but not much. The 60+ lbs I've lost in the past 2.5 months has made all the difference in the world. My BP is almost normal now. Life IS good. I am starting to feel like my old, high energy self again. 

lk1970
on 12/7/11 8:24 pm
Don't you love it... there's so much more selection!! I remember feeling overwhelmed in the regular sized department. Enjoy your victory!!!

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says "oh crap! she's up!

Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 98 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 98 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 649 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 233 views