Ha Ha!

provolisa
on 12/11/11 10:38 am - Provo, UT
Well, I stopped feeling sorry for myself over my upcoming surgery when I saw a woman and her baby at church, and I felt the really strong impression of "I don't know what you are so worried about -- you have alread had 3 babies!"

I felt instantly better, and have been looking forward to get my operation over with and to be climbing up the other side, when.....

Ha ha! I broke out in hives! My left leg, in particular, (where I had a severe burn about a year and a half ago, so the skin is new) turned beet red, but the rash is all over my body~ I haven't eaten any new food, and the laundry soap is the same, so all the nurses and I can figure out is that it is from stress.

I never had THAT happen before!

The treatment nurse has been putting benedryl cream on my leg, and now I am also taking benedryl tablets, so hopefully this will clear up in the next day or so. How embarrasing to have to go to surgery with hives all over my body!

~Lisa
               Recovering from the Duodenal Switch~
                HW - 495 / CW - 382 / GW - 175    Joanne B. is my Angel 

larra
on 12/12/11 12:31 am - bay area, CA
Any new meds? Any recent diagnostic studies with contrast of any kind?

You probably thought of those things already. Best to let your surgeon know what's going on, as your date is so very soon.

Larra
provolisa
on 12/12/11 2:02 am - Provo, UT
Yeah, I am trying to get ahold of my surgeon's scheduling nurse right now.

We already thought about the new meds. etc. Nothing new, so I guess it's me. It's so wierd, though, because I feel really fine about it. Maybe I am supressing my nerves, and they came out on my body??

~Lisa

provolisa
on 12/12/11 7:07 am - Provo, UT
It turned out, the joke is really on me == I have been using an expensive lotion that was about a year old, and ITwas the culprit! I even did a skin patch test to prove it!

I am now bathing myself in benadryl lotion and popping benadryl pills every 4 hours to get ready for surgery.

~Lisa

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 283 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 756 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 251 views