chromium picolinate to help rid sugar cravings ???

galla1
on 12/13/11 6:30 am
Has anyone else heard of this?? I have never been to much on sweets..But I am craving sweets like no other? A lady I work with says this will help.. I'm open to any suggestions.. I don't want to have these cravings! HELP.. Thanks

SW 314-- CW 170-- GW 155   HT 5'7"  I love my DS !!
(deactivated member)
on 12/13/11 6:46 am
 I take this as an extra to help control my blood sugar. I can say my cravings have gone away, but I have also cut out all simple carbs and other stuff that may impact that as well. I suspect it is the combination of everything for me. 
galla1
on 12/13/11 9:44 pm
Thanks for the input. the only sweetner I use at all is from the torani sugar free syrup for my protein coffee. I only drink water, and my protein coffee and I stay clear of the simple carbs and carbs in general. I'm not sure what is going on. Seems like all of a sudden I want cake and cookies ect ect.. I am very strict so I'm not sure where this is coming from.

(deactivated member)
on 12/13/11 10:08 pm
 I am preop with type 2 diabetes, which I forgot to mention. Imeant to say that i start supplimenting with chromium the same time I made other changes, so I don't know which one (more likely the combination of all the changes) caused my cravings to decrease.

I know that there is some studies that claim artificial sweeteners can cause cravings, but I have only read the blurbs in news feeds, not the whole stud.
PattyL
on 12/13/11 7:47 am
 I'm not sure it works.....  But I've taken it for years and I can say for sure it hasn't hurt me.
provolisa
on 12/13/11 10:22 am - Provo, UT
Are you avoiding artificial sweeteners? Research has shown that they stimulate an insulin response, and are great little appetite stimulators!

I think I would cut all sweets and artificial sweeteners out of my diet first, before I looked to another supplement.

~Lisa
               Recovering from the Duodenal Switch~
                HW - 495 / CW - 382 / GW - 175    Joanne B. is my Angel 

J G.
on 12/13/11 1:18 pm

Are you avoiding artificial sweeteners? Research has shown that they stimulate an insulin response, and are great little appetite stimulators!

Lisa, I remember reading that.  But is it all artificial sweeteners or just certain ones?

provolisa
on 12/13/11 6:06 pm - Provo, UT
According to my surgeon, we should avoid all artificial sweeteners. This is because of the insulin response, and also because they condition us to want sweet things.

Personally, I have not yet made up my mind whether or not I agree with that. But if I were having trouble with cravings, I would experiment with cutting them out, before I added yet another supplement to my regimen. Just a thought.

~Lisa
               Recovering from the Duodenal Switch~
                HW - 495 / CW - 382 / GW - 175    Joanne B. is my Angel 

galla1
on 12/13/11 9:47 pm
the only sweetner I use is in my protein coffee the torani sugar free and I only use a 1/2 tablesoon. I only drink water and a protein coffee. no simple carbs I am very strict..I am very surprised because this seemed to hit all of a sudden and hard! Its making me crazy!!

gak
on 12/13/11 12:15 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
 I have never heard of this. When I crave sweets I have a protein shake or a food that is JUST protein and it takes care of the cravings. I think it is how our body is telling us to feed it more protein.  Give it a try and see what happens. 

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 247 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 733 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 244 views