NO SURGERY FOR ME!

(deactivated member)
on 12/15/11 9:09 am
On December 15, 2011 at 2:13 PM Pacific Time, sweetsuzy wrote:
Dr. wont revise my sleeve to ds,but said he would do rny. not sure I want to go that route.I have to do 6months with nut.maybe that will help me get back on track with the sleeve.He told me that the surgery did'nt fail me I failed the surgery.I am so depressed now! I give up.
I am with Chad, I would shoot myself before I would let anyone revise my sleeve to an RNY!

You are NOT the failure, you just needed the whole DS, not just the sleeve!

Find another surgeon, this guy is full of ****!!!

Michele
newyorkbitch
on 12/15/11 9:18 am
Go to another surgeon.
zuzupetals2u2
on 12/15/11 11:49 am - Sedona, AZ
that is so ridiculous! He just wants the $$ from another surgery and doesnt care if you get the right one. I agree with everyone else- get a vetted DS surgeon on dsfacts.com and leave this doctor and don't look back!

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

beemerbeeper
on 12/15/11 12:03 pm - AL
If you talk to a Ford dealer he won't give you a Lexus.  Talk to a doctor who actually DOES the DS and get the surgery you need.

~Becky

DianaRR
on 12/15/11 12:07 pm - CA
I'm glad the doctor won't do a DS if that is not a procedure he has trained on and had experience in.

Also, he sounds like a jerk, blaming you. We don't need that kind of person in the bariatric field. Dr. K pretty much doesn't buy into the simplistic belief that we get fat because we eat too much and exercise too little. You need to talk to someone like him.

All of us on this forum prefer the DS for a lot of good reasons. One of the reasons is that the RNY has failed a lot of people.

Please find a doctor that believes and bariatric surgery and discuss your options with him.

airbender
on 12/15/11 12:19 pm

coming from someone who had a pouch and revised to the DS, I am telling you having a pouch is a poor quality of life, do not let someone revise you from VSG to RNY, that will cause you signifcant pain and suffering and another surgery down the road to go from RNY to DS....

Loretta W.
on 12/15/11 12:29 pm - Inland Empire, CA
Don't give up! You didn't fail anything.. that is really mean. He actually said that? Argggghhh@@@!!!!

((sorry))

Loretta

J G.
on 12/15/11 1:27 pm
Boy, the devil is really good at sewing seeds of doubt, isn't he?  You didn't fail anything.
Elizabeth N.
on 12/15/11 1:56 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Did you see Dr. Lane? He does not DO the DS. We told you that. Go to a REAL DS SURGEON like we told you before.

For that matter, WHOEVER you saw was not a real DS surgeon and is full of **** Use a surgeon from the list on www.dsfacts.com .

Julie R.
on 12/16/11 4:10 am - Ludington, MI
Lane used to do the DS.   I wonder why he's now copping out of them.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 264 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 740 views