so, the drug fog has lifted for a liittle while

provolisa
on 12/15/11 8:11 pm - Provo, UT
I was in a lot of pain lastnight, so I was pounding on the morphene button every tine the light came on!

Then, today I felt a lot better pain-wise, but I was ALL MESSED UP from the drugs. Among uther things, I nodded out and dumped my entire glass of water between my legs!!

They finally took me off of the pump, and are giving me another drug that starts with a t, that I like alot better better because it doesn't make me nod out.

My doctor wants me to walk a lot, and I have, but they aren't always available to help me walk.

Apparently, everything is going great, and I am experiencing a normal recovery.

Sayonara for now - It is Difficult to type. I can only hunt and peck right now, LOL!

~Lisa
               Recovering from the Duodenal Switch~
                HW - 495 / CW - 382 / GW - 175    Joanne B. is my Angel 

teachmid
on 12/15/11 8:41 pm - OKC, OK
Great to hear from you, Lisa. Sounds pretty normal.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

sandyv63
on 12/15/11 9:24 pm - Naples, FL
Hi Lisa! I am so glad to see you posting already. The other med you are getting is toridol and it is awesome! It is not a narcotic so it won't make you loopy like the morphine will. Unfortunately I had a reaction to it and they took it away from me, snif.  When you walk, do you have a walker? I always had 2 people with me when I took a stroll (heck, when they came and got me and made me walk) and they insisted I use a walker. 

So rest up, get hydrated and welcome to the dark side! I knew you'd ace this....
  All the vets have moved to a site where there is no censorship and no biased, unfair moderation. If you want ACCURATE information, join us here:

http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi
honeybadger 11
on 12/15/11 9:43 pm - FL
YAY lisa! Glad you are feeling not so bad:) Yep i hated that pump also. Glad they moved you to a better med:) I hope you recovery continues to be "normal" and uneventful!!!

~Jennifer
Revision to DS 11/9/11                                  LapBand 12/2006
SW  321/ CW 248/ GW 185                           SW 330/ HW 348/ LW 300
Join me here: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com

Renfairewench
on 12/15/11 10:05 pm
Sounds like they are giving you Toradol. It's a NASID, but works wonderfully and doesn't make you loopy. Glad you are feeling better. Keep on walking, sipping and recovering.  The worst is over and now it's all healing from this point on. Remember, every day it gets better.

Maddie

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

stefaski
on 12/15/11 10:58 pm - Bear, DE
DS on 01/09/12

Good Lord - how did you manage to post without spelling or grammatical errors with the kick ass pain medication?  Quite an accomplishment!

All kidding aside, I'm glad to hear you are progressing and experiencing a routine recovery.   God bless you!

Frankie
on 12/16/11 12:05 am - NY
Hi Lisa, you sound great!  enjoy a boring recovery.

Frankie

scoob
on 12/16/11 4:31 am - Somerset, KY
So good to hear from you, Lisa! Sounds like you're doing great!! Keep it up!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

Sher Bear Mama
on 12/16/11 4:32 am
 Hi Lisa! I'm so glad to see your posting.  When I was in the hospital (the hospital from hell), they didn't help me walk even once!!!  I would get up, unplug my IV machine from the wall, and take my stroll around the floor I was on.  This is SOOOO not ideal.  I'd start making a fuss and make sure you get someone to get in there and help you out.  The only reason I didnt' fuss about it when I was there was because the nurses were so nasty that I was actually happy to walk around alone.  

The NSAID they put you on should help with the swelling and you may not even feel much pain anyway at this point.  I HATED the morphine pump and was off of it by the end of day 2--it made me itch!!!!

Keep us posted--we're all thinking about you!

Sheri
Sher--the bear mama

ModestoK
on 12/16/11 7:59 am, edited 12/15/11 8:00 pm
Lisa- glad you are doing so well. Just be aware that you may have some residual 'brain fog' for some time from the anesthesia. Now go walking those halls, young lady. (But no decking until you are more recovered.)
Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 356 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 133 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1049 views