Tips to finding the culprit.. of very slow weight loss...

galla1
on 12/18/11 9:59 pm
Hello All,
I am 7 months out yesterday.. I'm down 112 pounds.. Feel great... But I have been trying to find my culprit for very slow weight loss the last 2 months..I have only lost about 4 pounds. I have checked my carbs..I stay easily under 50.. I only use maybe a full Tablespoon of sugar free syrup in my protein coffee once a day.. I am drinking at least 60 ounces of water, getting in my vits, and I swim or lift weights 5 days a week.. I thought maybe I needed to load on protein more everyday but I checked my "normal" routine and get 100 to 120 grams of protein. I have noticed I started craving "sweets" a couple weeks ago.. But I have come to the conclusion that I just have to fight through them.. Any tips or hidden little culprits that I might be missing?? Thanks for any input :)

SW 314-- CW 170-- GW 155   HT 5'7"  I love my DS !!
(deactivated member)
on 12/18/11 10:08 pm - Beverly, NJ
I wish I had some advice for you but what I do have is somewhere you can find the vets Most of the people who would normally jump on this and answer your questions have moved over to
weightlosssurgery dot proboards dot com
Come on over and post your question there and all of your favorites will be waiting for you
Bluebird
on 12/19/11 12:43 am - long beach, CA
 I cannot seem to figure out how to log in there.  I try with aol and it keeps just telling me that I am already logged into aol, when I am not.  SO i logged on to aol and I still cannot get in.  Any advice?
(deactivated member)
on 12/19/11 12:46 am - Beverly, NJ
On December 19, 2011 at 8:43 AM Pacific Time, Bluebird wrote:
 I cannot seem to figure out how to log in there.  I try with aol and it keeps just telling me that I am already logged into aol, when I am not.  SO i logged on to aol and I still cannot get in.  Any advice?
 register for the site first then  link up your social network.  be patient also as aparently we are being bombarded with newcomers (which is awesome), :)
galla1
on 12/19/11 4:40 am
I also am having problems!! :(

Elizabeth N.
on 12/18/11 10:10 pm - Burlington County, NJ
You are normal. Relax. And do what Vanishingmom said.

galla1
on 12/19/11 4:54 am
thanks.. you are great..Maybe I just needed to hear someone say "this is normal" I  can read it all day long.. but for some reason when it is spoken at me it sinks a little further? who knows :)

fullhousemom
on 12/18/11 10:58 pm
 Stalls are very common. Mostly, though, it sounds like you are exercising frequently. You are probably building a lot of muscle, and muscle weighs more than fat!  Have you noticed that you are firming up?  Sparty was never able to reach her goal weight, but she runs like crazy. The doc told her she had more muscle, etc. Both her and her dr were very happy with her weight. 

Swimming and lifting weights are building muscle, which is probably healthier than any number your scales will tell you. 
Amanda-DS
on 12/19/11 4:40 am
Lets put the myth to rest once and for all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
one lb of muscle weighs the same as one lb of fat!

what is different is the volumne that a lb of muscle takes up versus the same lb of fat

so at the same weight a more muscular person will appear smaller
Gratitude is my attitude

Amanda-DS October 2001
highest >350/342 start of wls journey/ 192 @8years

galla1
on 12/19/11 4:41 am
Thanks,
I do feel a huge difference in toning and muscle. I was just hoping to get down at least 45 more pounds.. I do need to step away from the scale for sure!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 273 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 747 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 250 views