What causes stomach gurgles?

Larissa P.
on 12/20/11 12:31 am - Denton, TX
Sometimes my tummy is noisy as hell and gurgly and you can feel the churning and I don't get it. It doesn't always coinside with gas, either.

What causes this? My tummy is a-gurgling yet I've eaten the same stuff so far today I've done for the past week with no gurgles.
Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB
fullhousemom
on 12/20/11 1:38 am
I've just been reading through old threads about lactose intolerance.  Some people seem to get better with tolerating milk as their DS goes on.  I just read a thread where someone developed an intolerance at 20 months out.  That may not be the answer to your question.

Lets hope that it's not the flu!
sandyv63
on 12/20/11 7:59 am - Naples, FL
I get this when I'm hungry. I get it when I have stomach gas.  I get it when I have acid. I get it soon after I eat. I guess everything/anything causes it (for me anyway.) It frustrates the heck out of me too.
  All the vets have moved to a site where there is no censorship and no biased, unfair moderation. If you want ACCURATE information, join us here:

http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 12/20/11 9:05 am
 It's gremlins. I'm pretty sure of that.
LosingSally
on 12/20/11 2:13 pm
I was told by a gastroenterologist (sp?) that it was the intestines working harder than usual to move things along, especially if gas isn't the problem.
Loud , excessive  sounds or no bowel sounds at all both can indicate a problem.
In the case of weight loss surgery, the answer is most likely the intestines working to move things past any scar tissue that may exist from the surgery.  If you don't have pain, I think you're probably good to go!
ezziesmomma
on 12/22/11 11:02 am - Fort Bragg, CA
I'm very gurgglie in the mornings after I've had my coffee... When I eat it calms down. Sometimes it's so loud I apologize to the patients I'm waiting on!
I'm very aware of it....I'm almost 3 yrs out and the gurggling still happens!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 264 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 740 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 247 views