Whhhaaa I have a hernia....

AllieInOntario
on 1/18/12 1:47 am
Weird... I've been very lucky with little in the way of "issues" since my surg.  But about 2 weeks back, I noticed a little bulge (almost like a bubble) in/under one of my lap incisions over my belly button.  I pushed on it lightly and it popped back into place... (I don't suppose you should do that though, right?)

Anyhoo, it seems small, about the size of a golf ball.   And it's not sore or anything although it does make me feel "full".  When I lie down on my back, it also seems to resolve itself.  

Any advice appreciated. :)

Pick your surgery first, then your surgeon. Not the other way around.  
PS:... Potato chips should be a food group.

I'm tired of screwing with that damn health widget.
 I've lost 125 pounds to date!!!!
   And I'm UNDER 190 now!!! 

Valerie G.
on 1/18/12 2:51 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 Get it fixed.  You can wear a binder to hold it in if it's uncomfortable until its fixed.
Surgery is either outpatient or overnight for pain control, then a week or two off work

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

PatXYZ
on 1/18/12 5:36 am
We're lucky to have the best hernia clinic in the world just north of Toronto called the Shouldice Clinic. They will only do surgery once you are close to a healthy weight though. How far from goal are you? They get you to stay in hospital for 2 nights post-op and they use a local anesthetic rather than general to fix it. They have extremely low rates of complications. The only cost to an Ontario resident is the fee for a semi-private room and if you have private insurance they will likely cover that cost. My husband was there in August for an inguinal hernia and has only good things to say. The wait time is also much shorter to get in for surgery.
scoob
on 1/18/12 10:28 pm, edited 1/18/12 10:30 pm - Somerset, KY
At the very least get it checked ASAP! My surgeon says the smaller they are the more likely to give you problems. I had a very, what I thought, was large one. Last week I had an open hernia repair and there were multiple hernias running the entire length of my incision. I had these for over a year because my DS surgeon said if "it" wasn't giving me problems to wait till I was through the extreme weight loss phase. So glad I got it fixed. I looks better and I'm feeling better every day. Here's my before pic of my hernia. I'll post before and afters once healed. Hope this works. If it doesn't check out my profile.

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

CAJUNMAN3366
on 2/10/12 11:44 pm - Breaux Bridge, LA
i had a Hernia fixed and got a TT thrown in for 500 bucks~!

First annual DS cruise is in the books.  Dark Side Cruise Redux: July 15,2012.
Check us out on Facebook:
www.facebook.com/home.php
adkmtngirl
on 2/11/12 12:17 am - Brant Lake, NY
 It's much easier to repair a smaller hernia than a bigger one! (and in my experience much less painful too). I had a hernia repair done in June, then because of my own stupidity (lifted too much too soon) got another one (that I didn't know about) they found another one when I had surgery to remove adhesions and to fix the beginnings of an sbo in December. The new repair patch is 4x's the size of the old one, and goes from my belly button up to my breast bone area. 
Kristina

Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 98 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 98 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 649 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 233 views