thigh lift

AzGirl2TnGirl
on 2/19/12 2:54 am - Newport , TN
Hi I was wondering if anyone out there had a medial thigh lift and what was the results. I had on and had alot of skin but I am not happy with the results. I still have skin hangging over the outside of my knees and i have folds of skin in the groin area still and skin hangs when i bring up my knee. I had my surgery feb 3 and still have the drain tubes in, 2 in each leg and some of the incesions are oping in the groin area. So those who had this surgery can you tell me how your surgery went, and if you had any problems.

Thank You Kim
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 2/19/12 4:56 am
I had one, and hate it. I have more issues now than I did before. Almost zero fat was removed, just skin, which is fine but I have more "pooch" over the knees now, that wasn't there before. I'm having it redone, along with some of the lower body lift.

I had some incision re-open in my groin area, but it was where lower body lift incision meets the inner thigh incision, and some of these places are prone to that. Losts of tension on some places, especially where incisions meet. 

Your surgery was so recent, and many people can have some swelling for like a year, so give it time before being re-evalutaed for revision. Be 100% compliant right now - if the surgeon says to stay still, do it. It may not be enough to avoid complicatons, but do what you can to not make things worse. 

I'm sorry you are unhappy so far. I sux to go to the pain and expense of plastics, to feel like a monster afterward. Talk to your surgeon how revsions are handled if necessay, and he may address the issues when he is confident that the swelling is gone. Otherwise, you may be surgoen shopping with me. Good luck.

12:24pm 2/19
AzGirl2TnGirl
on 2/19/12 5:12 am - Newport , TN
yes my incesion is opening in the T area in my groin area. I am wearing the compression garment all the time. i do think he took some fat out I can see the hole where he did it. Thanks for the info. when did you have yours done and this really hurts worst than the tummy tuck. I HATE THE DRAIN TUBES!!!!!!

Emily F.
on 2/19/12 5:28 am
Sounds awful! Hope you get some relief soon. I keloid too bad to consider arms or legs. I will just stay wrinkly.
AzGirl2TnGirl
on 2/19/12 5:32 am - Newport , TN
Thank You going see dr tomorrow.

I love Chocolate
on 2/19/12 7:12 am - Labrador, Australia
 Hi,

I have had 2, the original and a revision. I am not happy with the results, it's nothing to do with the surgeon, it's me, the scars are ugly compared to all my other plastics. My body lift and brachio arm scars are hardly noticable but my legs, yuk.

I always had very big legs, but now, my calves seem as big as my thighs. I didn't want to pursue anything on my lower legs, so I wear jeans and long pants all the time.
AzGirl2TnGirl
on 2/19/12 9:01 am - Newport , TN
thank you i think my scar on my leg will better than my tummy tuck scare. I also have large calves I tried to get the surgeon to get them approved for surgery too but he did not try time will tell. Insurance covered all my surgeries which has helped but i hope things get better.
airbender
on 2/19/12 10:26 am
yes i had a medial thigh lift, can't even see the incisions. they go below my knees about an inch.  never had any incision open, but it is the least gratifying of all the PS.....
AzGirl2TnGirl
on 2/19/12 1:38 pm - Newport , TN
thank you for telling me about your medial thigh lift.
Amanda-DS
on 2/19/12 10:56 pm
my extended anchor abdominoplasty love 100%
thighs sound similar to yours I give it about 70% for one leg the other leg had to be redone and I rate it a 60% satisfaction.

I was very pear shaped to start with so that was always going to be my trouble area and one that seems to get the least satisfaction from most of us who had it.

One it seems it is very hard for the surgeons to match them up evenly. This according to my plastic surgeon has to do much with positioning on the operating table and sometimes marked size difference between dominant side and non-dominant leg. Second the upper inner thigh is notorious for tension breakdown and bad scarring. Third as you age gravity is not your friend in that area and it may look good to start with but worsen with age.
Gratitude is my attitude

Amanda-DS October 2001
highest >350/342 start of wls journey/ 192 @8years

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 101 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 651 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 233 views