Another update from me :)

Felicia S.
on 3/21/12 1:29 pm - Lincoln, NE
Well, besides having an emotional breakdown yesterday and today (crying etc.) I'm OK.  This surgery has taken a much greater toll on me than my DS.

I had surgery on Friday March 16 to get a possible internal hernia fixed.  He ended up fixing that internal hernia, fixing an incisional hernia that I had, and removing my appendix that appeared to have been diseased at some time in the past.

The pain was overwhelming the first day..and please believe me that I am NOT a wuss when it comes to pain.  They finally got the pain under control (with IV Tylenol of all things!) and I was so much happier.

I wasn't able to be released on Monday due to a really low H&H of 24 and 7.  It then went up to 26 and 8.  I was hopeful...but unfortunately the next morning (yesterday) it was back to 24 and 7. 

My doctor decided to release me anyway...for which I was grateful.  Tomorrow I have an appointment with a hematologist/oncologist to start iron infusions.  I have had to have them 3 times since my DS and was over due anyway.  So, hopefully soon I will start feeling better.

I am down to taking pain medicine only at night...and over the next few nights I imagine I won't even need that.

Having been through all that, I would still happily get my DS.  Now plastic surgery is a whole different ball field.  Right now I can't imagine being cut open again...but I'll give this time to heal up well and readdress that in the fall.

One thing that has really surprised me is that my restriction has returned with a vengence!  I ate 2 chicken wings and felt like I was stuffed to the rafters.  Today I had one chicken nugget and half of a very small taquito and felt so full as well.  So, maybe that's not a bad thing and I can finally get down to the goal I've always had in mind of 135. ;)

Well, I just wanted to give you all an update.

Thanks,

Felicia
HW 264 SW 248 CW 140.8 GW 140 

MajorMom
on 3/21/12 7:04 pm - VA
Sounds like you've been through the wringer. I hope everything is sorted out or getting that way. Take care! :)

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Felicia S.
on 3/22/12 2:39 pm - Lincoln, NE
Thanks Gina! :)
HW 264 SW 248 CW 140.8 GW 140 

Fade2Pink
on 3/23/12 1:29 am - Salt Lake City, UT
Wow, Felicia, I am glad that you got those things all fixed up, but sorry that you had to go through that.  Happy healing.  Take care of you.
Duodenal Switch 4/29/09
Loving my DS!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 148 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 690 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 237 views