Polysaccharide vrs Carbonyl Iron

Larissa P.
on 3/24/12 4:18 am - Denton, TX
Are they absorbed the same?

Does it just come down to tolerance (burps, taste, bathroom issues) and price as to which one you choose?

I already take 2 proferrins (broken into pieces) a day but I take 1 poly and 2 carbonyls at night and I still get nasty burps and sometimes night acid regurgitation. I haven't been brave enough to increase the carbonyls. I was thinking of just taking 2 polys even though they are more expensive. I just wanted to know if one was more better absorbed than the other.
Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 3/24/12 4:54 am
   I take both carbonyls (viatlady tender iron) and polysac, from Costco. It's only $14 a bottle, so which I think is reasonable, so I'm hoping that keeps working for me.

posted 11:53am 3/24/12
MajorMom
on 3/24/12 8:34 am - VA
It's a YMMV thing. I really didn't have much luck with a combo of poly and carbonyl, but boy did I have great luck with Proferrin and carbonyl. I don't have the burp issues with the capsule so that varies too. My numbers started coming up on Proferrin and Tender carbonyl chewables and finished when I switched to the carbonyl capsules.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

mrsannie
on 3/24/12 10:07 am
 I was having a low iron issue so my doctor sent me to a hemotologist who said we should only be taking Carbonly iron (Feosol FE.)  It is a a superior form of iron and we absorb it much better than the alternative, so its all I use.  He also told me take on an empty stomach, with a vitamin C and not anywhere near your antacid or dairy.

Thay are more expensive, but I've no issues since switching.

Nothing will change if you don't have the courage to change it!
      And stop calling me "Shirley!"    
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 131 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 671 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 236 views