Some of you might Remember me, One year Out ( And then some)

Elena22
on 3/28/12 10:15 am
Wow, This is where it all began. My first post, was here on this message board, which led me to my WL journey. Which I am still on, and trying to figure out which road to take next.

Hello! First of all let me just say that I have terribly missed all of you that I had gotten to know last year and I have no one to blame but myself. lol.

Well I have not updated since I was at the 3 month out mark, and it's high time.  I've been losing weight and out and about enjoying the new life.  I went through some struggles and had a few health set backs though. Totally non surgery related issues had me hospitalized in October of last year. But I was still losing weight and still happy. I lost my job during this time though and so I was dealing with alot of personal issues.  In January I was newly employed and down 90 lbs! I was ecstatic.  Although I have always wanted the DS, I thought "hey as long as I'm losing weight with the VSG, I'm doing ok."  Then this month, in march, with the pressures of the new job, and new schedule, I gained 10 of those lbs back that I had lost. I couldn't even feel happy on my surgiversary b/c I was so disappointed with myself for having gained those lbs back.

However, OH family, I realize the error of my ways.  Yes I was struck with sheer horror and utter dismay at gaining those lbs back, but I know that they came back b/c now that my sleeve doesn't have have the super tight restriction that it once did, I've slipped into some old habits, and foremost, I realized that I had abandoned my OH family. My home where I found others who could relate to my situation, and help and give me the kick in the rear that I need from time to time.  Please, Oh family, welcome me back home. I've missed you all very much.

Right now I am at a crossroads of a decision.  Will I be able to "go back to basics" and get the scale moving down again with my VSG, or should I face facts that "for me" this is as far as the sleeve is going to take me and move forward with phase 2 of the DS?

I would love your feedback, I'm here, back home, posting, reading, lurking, all of the above, once again.

Thank you all for reading.
~ Elena.

lookingup2
on 3/28/12 11:45 am - Sharpsburg, GA
Get the DS!  It is the best thing I ever did.  I am sure I would have sabatoged any other surgery!
(deactivated member)
on 3/28/12 11:23 pm
Hi Elena,

I remember you! I say get the DS and don't look back. Just remember no wls can fix your old habits...you have to stop the binging and eating junk no matter what wls.
Elena22
on 3/28/12 11:55 pm
Thanks, you're still rocking the DS and look great!
~ Elena.

(deactivated member)
on 3/29/12 12:13 am
Thanks! DS makes it easy to rock!
AundreaSmith
on 3/29/12 2:12 am - Caledonia, MI
DS on 03/12/12
Welcome back Elena!

You sound like your doing great with the VSG, however, if you're finding it difficult to keep the weight down and start slipping back into your old habits I'd say go for the full DS.  I guarantee that you will not regret that decision! 

I wish you all the best!!

HW: 404/ SW: 380/  GW: 155

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 291 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 763 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 254 views