weight gain/ 4th Surgiversary

KathySP
on 4/8/12 11:12 pm, edited 4/8/12 11:15 pm - OH

My 4th surgiversary was  yesteray, and I am dealing with a weight gain of about 15lbs.(this has brought me back to 200lbs~~!!!) I can't seem to go back down... I do have a mini bagel pretty much every day- and I do eat surgary things. Not too much, but clearly not restraining enough. Any advice. I am trying to up my protein. Like today, I had a protein drink (17grams) and now I having water (drink well over 96oz a day) So I know its the bread/ sugary things.. BUT I do crave it.  HOW DOES EVERYONE deal with WANTING bread, and other bad things?  Oh and I do exercise- no not everyday, but often.
I need advice.... THANKS~!~!

Crazeru
on 4/9/12 10:45 am
I hear ya!  I'm right behind you.  My 4th is next Tue, the 17th.  I'm up 8+lbs.   Probably more caused by sugar than carbs.  I think you have to totally go off the bad carbs and sugar for a few weeks.  Plus add in exercise.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

KathySP
on 4/9/12 11:56 am - OH
Thanks for responding.... I know what I need to do, but lord I am finding it so hard.  I am  exercising but not enough. glad to know I am not alone. ;-)
AmandaID
on 4/9/12 2:04 pm - Shoshone, ID
 I also gained about 15 lbs at 3 years out. It was awful! It did stop, thank goodness, but I also cut down on some of the sugar I ate. We are like normies... the carbs are addictive, and hard to go without, but if you can force yourself to go without for a few days, it will start getting easier and easier. After about two weeks, you'll find your cravings are about gone. Eventually you can add back in a little here and there, without getting back into "carb monster" mode. Make sure you're getting over 100 grams of protein per day. If you get it from food instead of drinks, you'll be fuller and then won't have room to eat the bad foods. Try to replace sugary stuff with sweet fruits, that are still healthy for you. 

I'm not the best person to give this advice, as well know, it's easier said than done, but I was able to stop my weight gain and keep myself in an eight-pound range. When I start to creep to the upper part of the range, I do like what I listed above, and I lose a few. I can never seem to get lower than the bottom of that range, but at least I can keep myself from getting higher!

Good luck!

Amanda in ID
DS ~ Dec. 7, 2005, with Dr. Marchesini in Curitiba, Brazil
sw289/lw135/gw137/cw150
PS ~ June 6 & 19, 2008, with Dr. Kuster, Vila Velha, Brazil
check out my website at http://myweb.cableone.net/aeller5/DS/default.htm

yorkieGal
on 4/10/12 6:38 am - Clermont, FL

Hey Kathy, I hear ya!!

I had my 4 year anniversary in Jan and I am up about 9lbs from my lowest happy weight...I am trying to lose the extra by upping protein and lowering carbs but you are right ...IT IS SO HARD lol

I keep trying knowing that as long as I don't give up I havent failed lol

I have started power walking as often in the mornings as my other commitments allow and trying not to buy the ""goodies" , figuring that if they are not in the house they are not there at the worst time of the day for temptation (Nightime for me).

You are so not alone!!

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 107 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 657 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 233 views