V A Doc sending me for plastics

walter A.
on 4/28/12 2:06 pm, edited 4/28/12 2:15 pm - lafayette, NJ
Doc gave me a referal to the plastics group to check my incisional hernia and maybe do a tummy tuck
mrsannie
on 4/28/12 10:48 pm
Had that done last year.  I have a scar from hip to hip and up to my breast bone, but I look FANTASTIC in clothes!!!  I have never had a flat tummy and now I do.  Any abdonminal surgery sucks, but it was much easier than the DS.  The only weird thing is that I am still numb in that area.  That is supposedly normal and may or may not return.  I've had 2 C-sections and I was numb from them as well, but feeling did return in a few years, I am hoping the same thing to happen here.  In any case its a small price to pay.

Good luck!  :)

Nothing will change if you don't have the courage to change it!
      And stop calling me "Shirley!"    
Tess145
on 5/1/12 4:23 am - Senatobia, MS
 Hi Mrs Annie:

Can you tell me more about your surgery?  I am having this same type on May 17th and would like to have a person's perspective on it that has had it.  I am also having two incisional hernias repaired at same time.  What was your recovery like?  How long were you in surgery?  Did you develop any necrosis or seromas?  Did you lose weight or just clothes size?  What was your surgery weight?  Mine is 156 lbs.  I am currently in a size 10-12.  Thanks so much for any information that you can share with me.

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

mrsannie
on 5/1/12 8:50 am
The surgery was about 11/2 hours, it was much easier than the DS but any abdominal surgery sucks!  It took about two weeks and I was better, the real trouble was a few weeks later...

I went to the Dr and told him I didn't feel like everything was OK, you know how you just know, he said all was well.  I pushed since I had a low-grade fever and it felt hot.  He gave me an Rx for antibiotics.  Two weeks later after I finished I went back to him, he said all was good even though it looked kinds gross and it was weeping, he said put Neosporin on it and I didn't need anymore antibiotics.  The very next night I spiked a 101.2 fever went to the emergency room. Turned out I had a staph infection and an abscess in my abdomen!  I knew something was wrong.  They put me on IV antibiotics and had to drain the abscess and I wound up in the hospital for 5 days!!!  After I had to go home with the IV still in my arm and give myself the IV antibiotics for another week.

The good part is that I wasn't in any pain, (except for right after the operation) because I was numb.  It really feels weird your muscles are sore but the incision and around it is numb once it begins to heal.  I am still pretty numb, but that's a small price to pay!  :)

I was about 145 before and about the same after, I didn't have too much to take off.  My pant size stayed about the same 8/10, but they do fit better.  My tummy is really flat it looks great in clothes.  The strange thing is if I gain a few lbs, or have some gas I can see it totally in my upper tummy. 

I hope I answered all your questions, good luck to you!

Nothing will change if you don't have the courage to change it!
      And stop calling me "Shirley!"    
Tess145
on 5/1/12 11:03 pm - Senatobia, MS
 Thanks so much!  I really appreciate the information.

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

dmk22498
on 4/29/12 2:53 am - tempe, AZ
Good luck.

teachmid
on 4/29/12 3:52 am - OKC, OK
I'm having my hernia with TT done in July. I can't wait. Hpoefully the recovery will be easy compared to my DS.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

walter A.
on 4/29/12 6:24 am - lafayette, NJ
called Dr Antones office a few weeks ago, but didnt get a reply, he specializes in this also, Will try again,  the difference is 50 miles or 1200 and the logistics of staying out of town.  I prefer the road trip to Omaha

Amanda-DS
on 4/30/12 4:58 am
excellent!
Gratitude is my attitude

Amanda-DS October 2001
highest >350/342 start of wls journey/ 192 @8years

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 361 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 135 views