RNY to DS surgeons

PennyKandy
on 5/16/12 5:03 am - Andover, MN
 Hi, my mom is considering getting a revision from a RNY to a DS.  I know I Have read that there aren't very many surgeons who do this procedure, Can someone point me in the direction of a list of these surgeons.  She lives in Ohio and thinks she can get it done there.  

Thanks!
Terry B.
on 5/16/12 5:08 am - Martinsville, IN
I am in Indiana and have not had any luck in this area so far.

I am only one, But still, I am one.  I cannot do everything, but still I can do something.  And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do
the something that I can do. 

Edward Everett Hale

Onederland 1/26/2010    

Kristic K.
on 5/16/12 5:42 am - AZ
DS on 04/17/12
 I had a RNY in 2005, lost 110 pounds, but over the years gained back 50 pounds.  I had a revision to the DS on April 17th (1 month post op WooHoo!).  My surgeon, Dr. Juarez  and his staff are awesome!  His staff call once a week to check up on me and see if I have any questions.  And Dr. Juarez has called me himself when I had an allergic reaction to one of my new supplements. They are based out of Phoenix, AZ though.  But I've read that a lot of people travel to get the surgery done.  Good Luck!  
beemerbeeper
on 5/16/12 5:54 am - AL
There is no list that I am aware of but after reading almost every post about this for almost 3 years I would only consider Rabkin or Keshishian both in CA.

BECKY

larra
on 5/16/12 7:46 am - bay area, CA
Your mother will need to travel, but it's worth the effort. She could try for Dr. Stewart in TX, Dr. Buchwald in MN, Dr. Roslin in NY, or Dr. Rabkin or Dr. Keshishian, both in CA.

Larra
PennyKandy
on 5/16/12 8:11 am - Andover, MN
 Thanks everyone!  My sister is having the DS with Dr. John Maguire in Dayton, OH next week, and my mom thinks he can do a revision for her (she hasn't seen him, only spoke to his insurance person, who according to my mom says he has done them)  I actually live in MN and told her she should come here and see Buchwald, but I don't think she likes the idea of travel....she is just in the 'thinking about it' stage right now.  
(deactivated member)
on 5/16/12 8:09 pm
Be very careful - I can't remember the name, but there is someone here who went to Maguire for a revision - he did NOT give her a DS but an ERNY - check out the revisions board.

There are very few experienced and vetted revision surgeons.  RNY to DS is no joke.
Sandra C.
on 5/16/12 10:50 am - Kalamazoo, MI
 Dr Kemmeter does revisions to the D.S., and virgin D.S.. He is in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Duodenal Switch- lap
Dr. Paul. Kemmeter Grand Rapids, Mi.
Dr. John  Renucci, Plastics, Body contouring,Grand Rapids, Mi.
Start 255/ Surgery wt 235/ Current wt. 117

BMI-20, 135 lbs lost, 5'3"

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 169 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 701 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 238 views