Surprise... I'm Prego! Please help..

galla1
on 6/12/12 11:32 pm
 So we found out last night the news.. Then confirmed again with another test! Pretty surprised.. But very scared.. I'm looking for some help from the mommas that have been there done that.. Thanks so much!

SW 314-- CW 170-- GW 155   HT 5'7"  I love my DS !!
bubbles6472
on 6/13/12 12:09 am - Perkasie, PA
 Well CONGRATULATIONS!!  I can't give any advice post op because I had my boys 16 and 11 yrs ago and I am only 7 weeks out.  But I can always offer support otherwise.  I am so happy for you, children are such a blessing!  Enjoy this time and listen to your doctors.  Hopefully they are experienced with a DSer getting pregnant.  :)  Smiles*

Donna
merrymorris
on 6/13/12 5:13 am - philadelphia, PA
DS on 04/26/12
That is great news!! I am hoping to get pregnant in about 18 months or so since we have been trying for 6 years with no results. I'm going to keep my eye on you so I see how to do it! Please keep us updated!!
Krazydoglady
on 6/13/12 7:06 am - FL
Congratulations!

USAWIFE is on her second pregnancy post-op from VSG.  She might have some good information for you since you have a sleeved stomach.  Check the VSG board or PM her.

Carolyn  (32 lbs lost Pre-op) HW: 291, SW: 259, GW: 129.5, CW: 126.4 

PatXYZ
on 6/13/12 7:20 am
It is usually recommended that you see an OBGYN who specializes in high risk pregnancies, your family doctor should be able to refer you. You do have a higher risk of miscarriage due to your malabsorption, which is why pregnancy is not recommended in the first two years post-op. They will work with you to balance your needs vs. the needs of the developing fetus as far as your supplements go. Too little and too much vitamin A can cause problems, and as this is something DSers malabsorb, it needs to be monitored carefully. Have you recently had full lab work done? You're going to want to take that info and lots of DS info to the OBGYN.

There is also a pregnancy board here on OH with people who can advise you. Good luck.
I had OHIP approved Duodenal Switch surgery with Dr. Dennis Hong at St. Joseph's Hamilton on March 7th, 2012. Want more information on the DS in Ontario? Send me a private message!
MajorMom
on 6/13/12 8:33 am - VA
Congratulations! Several DS friends that have had happy healthy post-DS babies. I'll send you a PM with some names if you want to reach out to them.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

galla1
on 6/13/12 11:01 am
 Thanks "mom" :) for all of your help!!
kiwi C.
on 6/13/12 12:37 pm
congrats!!! I am going to watch your progress as well cuz I plan on getting prego in 2 yrs!! :)
Izabelle G.
on 6/13/12 10:54 pm - Cheltenham, PA
VSG on 10/15/12
Congratulations!! I wish you a safe and healthy pregnancy!
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 267 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 742 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 250 views