It has been 3 years.

Jessyw
on 7/12/12 8:55 am - polarbears&igloos, AK
Hello everyone,

I haven't posted on OH in a very long time. Not that I don't want to its just I remember a majority of people having issues with the set up and changes being conducted on this site.

Yesterday was my 3 years out since surgery, I started this journey at 16, had my surgery at 17 and I am now 20 years old. I have lost 315 pounds. Going from 535 pounds to my current weight of 220 pounds.

My DS was the best choice I have ever made in my life. My DS saved my life and gave me the chance to live a new and wonderful life! I recently graduated high school with my diploma and I will be attending college next month with an intent to major in Biological Sciences which I thank my DS for as well, it opened my eyes to the human body, health, medicine and all that comes with it.

I eat perfectly normally, lots and lots of fat and meat! Makes me happy Even though it has been 3 years I can still "feel" my DS, I still get oil slicks, I still get discomfort from eating carbs and I still get gas and on some days I get full pretty fast. That makes me happy to know that my body is still working to keep healthy.

I don't know what else to post, but at another time I will go more in depth since I see a lot of new faces here and I'm sure a lot of you don't know who I am. I remember when this board was one big family and everyone knew everyone. But times to change.

Thanks for reading!

-Jessy
      Hello, my name is Jessica  I'm 20 and I got my DS!! check out my page. 

I love my DS!!!!   sw(535)/cw(220)/goal (?)
  Wanna learn about the DS? Come to the DS forum or check out these websites:
                  http://www.dsfacts.com/ OR http://www.duodenalswitch.com/
MajorMom
on 7/12/12 9:08 am - VA
Happy surgiversary, Jess. :)

((hugs))

--gina 

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

teachmid
on 7/12/12 9:27 am - OKC, OK
Happy new life, Jeesie!!!!
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

* Gail R *
on 7/12/12 9:36 am - SF Bay Area, CA
I am so thrilled for you Jessy. Hope you have a wonderful college experiance. I have a feeling you'll love it. Many of your old friends are at:
http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=talk
Please let them know you're doing do well. A lot of people will be pleased!

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

kim1967
on 7/12/12 10:07 am
Congrats on your success!!
I was always so impressed with your drive to get this surgery and as I see your pics and the changes that have happened to you, I am so impressed and so happy for you.
Its funny because when I saw your post on FB this morning at 4:30am it dawned on me that my 3 year surgiversary is this coming sunday!
How I let that almost slip past is beyond me, so Thank you for the post and not letting me let such a special day slip by!
Congrats on all your success, and finishing school and starting college.
I hope that all your hopes, wishes and dreams come true!!!
dogma2karma
on 7/12/12 10:10 am - Suburbia, CA
 Glad to hear you are doing well, Jess!  Happy surgiversary.
259.5/227.5/122/118
8.5 months post DSNormal BMI, woohoo!
PattyL
on 7/12/12 10:37 am
 Good for you Jessy!  Keep it up and enjoy an extraordinary life!
hayley_hayley
on 7/12/12 11:11 am
You are doing marvelous, Jessy.

Minus 202 pounds; Height=5'10.5; Plastic Surgery = arms; Pant: 24 to 4/6; Top 3x to sm/med, I My DS! .

duncans
on 7/12/12 1:34 pm
Hey Hayley!

I've often wondered how you are doing and where your life journey has lead you. Hope all is well.

Susan

hayley_hayley
on 7/12/12 2:02 pm
I am great. Having fun and corrupting student minds as always. lol

How are you?  I hope you are also doing well.

Minus 202 pounds; Height=5'10.5; Plastic Surgery = arms; Pant: 24 to 4/6; Top 3x to sm/med, I My DS! .

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 260 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 738 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 247 views